Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Who does most of the housework in your house?

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:20 PM
  • 13 Replies

Do you split the responsibilities with your SO/DH and/or kids? Who does the majority of the housework in your house? 

by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jconney80
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Hubby and I share a lot of responsibilities but I tend to do more of the housework. He takes the trash out, folds clothes, does dishes, and cooks dinner a lot. He also vacuums. My kids have chores every day too.

mamavalor
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I do the majority but everyone pitches in.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
56 minutes ago
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I do most of it :)

aidensmomma508
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I do! 

funhappymom
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:30 PM

It really depends on what is going on. DH is really good about helping out as much as he can. I try to do it as much as I can but that doesn't always happen.

I used to be pretty particular about how things are done but then I had kids and they started helping. Now as long as it's done and presentable, I'm happy, lol.

jconney80
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:04 PM

lol I used to be the same way about how things were done! My kids all have chores too. My oldest is the only one who is old enough to really do bigger chores and my younger kids "help" me with my chores. 

Quoting funhappymom:

It really depends on what is going on. DH is really good about helping out as much as he can. I try to do it as much as I can but that doesn't always happen.

I used to be pretty particular about how things are done but then I had kids and they started helping. Now as long as it's done and presentable, I'm happy, lol.

jconney80
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:10 PM

What kind of chores do your kids do? how old are they? My oldest does the most pitching in and my littles like to help with chores but aren't very good at actually doing many yet lol

Quoting mamavalor:

mamavalor
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:25 PM

They have been helping me since they were little.  And while I can do a better job I let them help, even now when they are older.

For some reason DD2 enjoys cleaning the toilets.  Somthing about a brush, rubber gloves, and a spray bottle get her excited.  DD1 helps with picking up, vaccuming, and laundry.  DS picks up his toys and dusts.  They all enjoy washing the floors with the steamer and the old fashion way.  Go figure.

Quoting jconney80:

What kind of chores do your kids do? how old are they? My oldest does the most pitching in and my littles like to help with chores but aren't very good at actually doing many yet lol

Quoting mamavalor:

funhappymom
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I used to be that way even with DH. I'd tell him that the dishwasher didn't get loaded that way. Yeah, he's such a big help now that I won't complain, lol.

Quoting jconney80:

lol I used to be the same way about how things were done! My kids all have chores too. My oldest is the only one who is old enough to really do bigger chores and my younger kids "help" me with my chores. 

Quoting funhappymom:

Janet
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)