Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

How active are your children's grandparents in their lives?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you live close to them? Talk to them on the phone often? Do they help out with the kids or take them to do things with them if they live near you? How active are your children's grandparents in their lives?

by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Replies (11-14):
ATG499
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Not very active. We live with my mom. She is gone most of the time that he is home, and they ignore each other when she's home. DS does not know any other grandparents. My mom will watch DS for me, but that is very rare.

Quoting jconney80:

Do you live close to them? Talk to them on the phone often? Do they help out with the kids or take them to do things with them if they live near you? How active are your children's grandparents in their lives?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamavalor
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Wished we lived closer to my parents.   My children feel closer to them than to hubby's parents who live closer and see more often.

ktleigh
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:29 PM

We are on opposite coasts but I would still say they are very active in her life, The skype multiple times a week to read, play barbies or just chat about school.  We see them about twice a year and she stays with them a few weeks in the summer.   It is hard being so far from them and I hope one day we will be closer

funhappymom
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Mine are fairly active.

On my side, it's just my dad now but he loves to hang out with the kids when he can.

On DH's side, my in laws are really active. They really enjoy visiting and helping out in anyway they can.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)