Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Do your kids help you decorate the Christmas tree?

Posted by   + Show Post
Is yours up? When will you be putting it up?
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Replies (11-19):
jjoyb
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 5:07 AM

my son, 5 years old, helps while my daughter, 17 years old, tells him how to decorate because he would put all the decorations on only 1 side of the tree

aneela
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:01 PM

not putting one up...but he has in the past

pghmommyof5
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Yes. Drives me and dh nuts because we are both very particular about organization and symmetry but the kids love it. We'll have a perfect tree when they're grown :) unless we have grandchildren....

timon95
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:23 PM

yes they do. they hand us the branches to put the tree together, then we put the lights and garland on. i get the ornaments out of the boxes and they get to put them up on the tree. i only help if the ornament needs to go close to the top.

copperswifey
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 10:11 PM

We haven't gotten ours yet. We should be getting it next week :)

matt_sara_mom
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 10:25 PM

We put our tree up on the 29th. They don't help as they are still little and their elf on a shelf Elf Wesley puts it up when they are sleeping.

TheFirstNoel
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Yup, she always does! So the bottom of my tree is a little dense, but that's alright. She's a good helper, she hands me the ornaments to put on the top and helps me string the lights. I just can't wait until she's tall enough to start reaching the top!

Bob192
by Crystal on Dec. 6, 2013 at 12:20 AM

The tree is up and has lights, we haven't quite gotten to the ornaments yet, b/c we've been so busy.  The kids are ready, probably tomorrow.

Heather2001
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 8:17 PM

We put ours up several days ago and the kids loved helping. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)