Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

the worst

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:00 PM
  • 34 Replies
What is the worst christmas gift you've ever gotten?
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sara_7106
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:03 PM
My grandma got me two big Tupperware bowls. They weren't horrible, just not what I was hoping for. She usually does well
TheBabyFactory4
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:09 PM
One grandmother gives all her grandkids $50. The other is a hit and miss. One year we got dish towels because she heard me say something to my mom about needing some at thanksgiving. One yr I got a rice cooker and I still use it. Another year I got a ceramic pie dish. Nice but haven't used it yet. Still in my china cabinet. Last yr I got a buffet type stove burner. Haven't had an occasion I needed to use it. Maybe if my stove goes out or for a party. Lol

Quoting sara_7106: My grandma got me two big Tupperware bowls. They weren't horrible, just not what I was hoping for. She usually does well
bloomsr
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Dead flowers.

When I was younger all of my aunts and uncles would exchange names so they only bought for 1-2 kids rather than all of us (12 kids). While all of my cousins were enjoying new barbies, remote control cars and cool sweatshirts, I had to graciously accept a bunch of dead flowers. I think my aunt thought she had dried them but they all crumbled within a few days.

If you're still scrambling for the perfect gift for a 10 year old girl, maybe don't give her dead flowers...
sara_7106
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Oh my! That is bad

Quoting bloomsr: Dead flowers.

When I was younger all of my aunts and uncles would exchange names so they only bought for 1-2 kids rather than all of us (12 kids). While all of my cousins were enjoying new barbies, remote control cars and cool sweatshirts, I had to graciously accept a bunch of dead flowers. I think my aunt thought she had dried them but they all crumbled within a few days.

If you're still scrambling for the perfect gift for a 10 year old girl, maybe don't give her dead flowers...
TheBabyFactory4
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow that's horrible. After the fact, did your mom say anything to you?

countrygirlkat
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 12:10 AM

I can't think of a really bad one.

bloomsr
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting TheBabyFactory4: Wow that's horrible. After the fact, did your mom say anything to you?

Not too much. We all kinda joked about it on the car ride home. It was a good lesson, I suppose. Lol.
mom_4_God
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:17 AM

A cloth toilet paper roll holder along with two rolls of toilet paper included.

johnny4ever
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Black Elephant present of old underwear!

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:20 PM
For real?? Was this like a family exchange, or...?

Quoting johnny4ever:

Black Elephant present of old underwear!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)