Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids
What is the worst christmas gift you've ever gotten?
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Replies (21-30):
la_bella_vita
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Used kitchen items that looked dirty : /

slw123
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 9:13 PM

My husband bought me a hand mixer one year.  I made it very clear that year that kitchen appliances are not to be gifts.

My MIL bought me an electric griddle, a cheap one.  This is after being with my husband for 20 years.....I have a nice griddle already.

TheBabyFactory4
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 9:23 PM
My mil doesn't even get me a gift. But surely expects gifts from us even when we had very little money

Quoting slw123:

My husband bought me a hand mixer one year.  I made it very clear that year that kitchen appliances are not to be gifts.

My MIL bought me an electric griddle, a cheap one.  This is after being with my husband for 20 years.....I have a nice griddle already.

slw123
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I've asked my inlaws for years NOT to buy us gifts, to just buy for the kids. I know it's the thought that counts, but I usually have to exchange their gifts.  I'd rather they saved their money for things they need.  Especially because they have 6 kids, who are all married, and all have kids of their own.  Just buy for the kids.....please.

Quoting TheBabyFactory4: My mil doesn't even get me a gift. But surely expects gifts from us even when we had very little money

Quoting slw123:

arpazia
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Nothing :) I'm glad to say
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arpazia
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Or maybe I'm just blocking out the memory
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wish2Be
by Michelle on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:18 AM

a wok.

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Used kitchen items that looked dirty : /

That does sound awful :(

CafeMom Tickers
Wish2Be
by Michelle on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Aww... did your parents make it up to you ?

Quoting bloomsr: Dead flowers.

When I was younger all of my aunts and uncles would exchange names so they only bought for 1-2 kids rather than all of us (12 kids). While all of my cousins were enjoying new barbies, remote control cars and cool sweatshirts, I had to graciously accept a bunch of dead flowers. I think my aunt thought she had dried them but they all crumbled within a few days.

If you're still scrambling for the perfect gift for a 10 year old girl, maybe don't give her dead flowers...

CafeMom Tickers
mrswillie
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 7:05 AM
Lmao...sorry.

Quoting mom_4_God:

A cloth toilet paper roll holder along with two rolls of toilet paper included.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)