Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Winter/Christmas Break

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 1:02 AM
  • 22 Replies

How long will your children be off school?

What kinds of activities do you have planned for them?

by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ambear72
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Its not going to be a really fun break for us. My 9 yr old son is getting his tonsils out on the 27th. So he wont be a happy camper. I am hoping he does as good as my daughter did when she was 4 and had hers out.
bhwrn1
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 6:04 AM

10 days off. I work and so does DH, so it's whatever the grandparents do for the most part. When I'm home with them we will bake and such. They may also have playdates.

slw123
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 9:23 PM

That's not fun at all.  At least you were able to schedule it so that he won't miss school.  My 8 year old has to get braces and a jaw device put on the day he goes back to school  =(  We couldn't do it any earlier.

Quoting Ambear72: Its not going to be a really fun break for us. My 9 yr old son is getting his tonsils out on the 27th. So he wont be a happy camper. I am hoping he does as good as my daughter did when she was 4 and had hers out.

slw123
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 9:25 PM

The kids are out for way too long.  Their last day of school was today and they go back on Jan 6th

arpazia
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Dec 23- jan 8th
I don't know what we will do , depends on the weather
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PyschMeh
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:14 PM

2 whole weeks. They will be spending most of it at their dads. I will be picking them up around 3 pm Christmas day and we will be going to my family's for the night. Then New Years eve I have some plans to have sort of a 'party' with them :) Should be fun.

pregnancy due date
Ambear72
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Oh no Poor guy,  My niece got braces and her mouth hurt for a few days.  I hope your son dosnt have that problem.  Im sorry you couldnt get it earlier.  I am super glad that he got his surgery for the break.  Its not going to be a lot of fun for sure, but he will be able to heal and be much better when school starts.

Quoting slw123:

That's not fun at all.  At least you were able to schedule it so that he won't miss school.  My 8 year old has to get braces and a jaw device put on the day he goes back to school  =(  We couldn't do it any earlier.

Quoting Ambear72: Its not going to be a really fun break for us. My 9 yr old son is getting his tonsils out on the 27th. So he wont be a happy camper. I am hoping he does as good as my daughter did when she was 4 and had hers out.

Ambear72
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Quoting PyschMeh:

2 whole weeks. They will be spending most of it at their dads. I will be picking them up around 3 pm Christmas day and we will be going to my family's for the night. Then New Years eve I have some plans to have sort of a 'party' with them :) Should be fun.

New Years sounds like it will be a lot of fun! I hope you all enjoy yourself. I also hope you have a great Christmas with your family.
Ambear72
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Quoting arpazia: Dec 23- jan 8th
I don't know what we will do , depends on the weather
That's how it will be here for my hubby and kids. I also have to work most of the 2 weeks. Do you get snow or is it just really cold?
Ambear72
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Thats how long my kids are out for, its about 2 weeks.  Some schools here are out for 3 weeks.  Thankfully not ours lol.

Quoting slw123:

The kids are out for way too long.  Their last day of school was today and they go back on Jan 6th

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)