Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

10 Ways on How to Stop Yelling at Your Kids #7

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 5:14 PM
  • 5 Replies

By Denise Schipani

7. Keep the volume low at all times. Even when you’re not angry, you may find yourself yelling (“dinner’s ready!”). If you make a softer voice a habit (one that, with any luck, everyone picks up!), you’ll be less prone to yell at other times too, says Dr. Kennedy-Moore. One trick to try: Speak to your family members only when you’re in the same room whenever possible.

Do you find yourself yelling even when you are not upset?

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
wandep
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:15 PM

Never thought about it.

proudmommy690
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:34 PM
Never thought about it
MamaMandee
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:46 PM
Yup but I have to compete over how loud they are lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:48 PM
I do however remind the kids they need to make sure we have eye contact if they need to tell me something important.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:08 AM

Yes I yelled more when I wasnt upset than when I was because when I was upset I consciously purposely tried hard NOT to yell (didnt always succeed but tried lol) 

When not mad, in a very big house with our 5 kids plus God only knows how many friends over much of the time and video games goiing, doors shut, music loud and didnt want to go up and down  stairs every time I had to call one, yes I yelled to get them to hear me. They did the same thing to call down for my attention too. Wasn't a big deal. We didn't have intercoms although wish we had, then we wouldnt have needed to yell thru house for one another, but other than that wasn't a big deal to us. We knew it wasnt in anger so meant nothing. 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)