Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Age to date

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 4:12 PM
  • 12 Replies

When will your kids be allowed to date? Will there be a different age for group dating and alone dating?

We haven't really talked about our kids dating but I think it will be on a case by case basis and we'd have to meet the boyfriend or girlfriend first.

by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaMandee
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 4:54 PM

My oldest is 15 and she has not been into anyone enough to date but I would allow a group date as this age. I know things might change next year when people will be driving. I will for sure have to meet them before have and I dont mean just before the date. 

sunshinepraying
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:51 PM

I haven't thought about it yet. It'll probably depend on how things are when they get older.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jan. 14, 2014 at 10:24 PM

I haven't given it much thought yet, but my dd is only 6.

proudmommy690
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:14 AM
I haven't even thought about it :/
kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 5:34 AM
Same here - my kids are 5, 3 & 1.

Quoting lalasmama2007:

I haven't given it much thought yet, but my dd is only 6.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butzi
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:30 AM
Our rule has been around 16 ish for individual dates except for special dances...then exceptions can be made. The one rule that is hard and fast is that if they want to go out with someone, that person has to eat a meal with our family. Different kids have chosen different ways of handling it. Some kids come to the house for a family meal, some go out for pizza, one young lady asked if her family could meet us at a restaurant so that everyone could get acquainted.
butzi
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:33 AM
I guess I should have said, mine are 26, 22, 18, and 16. They are a mix of boys and girls and the rules apply equally for boys and girls.
mom_4_God
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:49 AM

I have always felt that 16 is a good age.

GypsiSky
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:30 AM

My daughter just turned 10 today and it's not a thought worth considering at this time. But when she does, she will have one of her brothers with her lol. (how did my font change?!!!)

wandep
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Okay, that is an awesome idea to have brother go with them!! LOL

Quoting GypsiSky:

My daughter just turned 10 today and it's not a thought worth considering at this time. But when she does, she will have one of her brothers with her lol. (how did my font change?!!!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)