Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

7 year old son is in trouble and I need help

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok so he brought home 3 letters this week saying how rude and how he was in other peoples personal space. Which is so unlike him to do that stuff. So his punishment is he is grounded at my house and his dads house, but we also decided he needs to do a presentation on safety and how to not disrespect your teacher. Suggestions on how to do this with him being 7? Thanks all.

by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:01 PM
Replies (11-12):
buttersworth
by New Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 11:42 PM

I notice you talk about his punishment but haven't mentioned any reasons you might've brainstormed about why he is suddenly out of character?

Or have you asked him what's wrong?

How do you know how to discipline his behavior when you don't know what's behind it?

Also, a big red flag to me is that he lives in two places. So you need to talk to his father and find out what his environment's been like at his' house, and share what it's been like at your own.

That sounds like a very confusing arrangement for a 7 year old.

mommyinthe303
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:12 PM

HE lives with me sees his dad every other weekend. Things have calmed down and we had such a good talk you were right on so many levels... :)

Quoting buttersworth:

I notice you talk about his punishment but haven't mentioned any reasons you might've brainstormed about why he is suddenly out of character?

Or have you asked him what's wrong?

How do you know how to discipline his behavior when you don't know what's behind it?

Also, a big red flag to me is that he lives in two places. So you need to talk to his father and find out what his environment's been like at his' house, and share what it's been like at your own.

That sounds like a very confusing arrangement for a 7 year old.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN