Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Indoor play places, yes or no?

Posted by   + Show Post

how do you feel about indoor play places? Chuck E Cheese, Discovery Zone, type places? yes or no?

by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
nana776
by New Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Not a big fan because they are always overcrowded, expensive (for what you get) and seem to be a draw for pedophiles. (At least around here)

Shelly126
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:49 AM
We like them. I have 3yr old twin boys, in the winter it's a must! I still take them outside, it's just obviously not as much fun and not as much to do as the rest of the year!
We have a few really nice places near us and one of them is a neighborhood place so it's never overcrowded and you get to know most people.
mollymolly
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 7:55 PM

We took our kids to them when they were little; did b'day parties at Chuck E Cheese, went to b'day parties there, etc.  My daughter LOVED the Chuck E Cheese dancer when she was a toddler!  It's crowded and loud, which I always hated, but the kids loved it.  And I loved the fact that they took measures to keep abductions from taking place.  (Matching arm bands w/ the parent or something.  I don't remember.)  Not that I would let a toddler out of my sight in that place, but they deserve credit for taking those measures, imo

punkomama08
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:33 PM

we don't have any where i live. It would be nice if we did though. Where i live there isn't much of anything for young kids or teens to do. I would like a family fun center.

gunnersmommy30
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 3:26 PM
I remember going to Discovery Zone as a field trip when I was in Elementary School. Is that still around?
chassity
by New Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:21 PM

I'm not a fan of Chuck E Cheese type places (coins and tickets and prizes) but I like the indoor playscapes where they get to run around and play in the tunnels and things like that.  We have a local one called Jungle Java and I've seen one called Monkey Business in another state that we really enjoyed!  I think they are more about open play versus the idea of spending a bunch of money!

LucasMommy75
by New Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:51 PM
Yes. If you go online you can get coupons for Chuck E. Cheese and it's a good value. The one near us is nice. We also have Bounce U.
buttersworth
by New Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 11:37 PM

My kids love those.

How do I feel?

Too expensive. Too germy. Okay once in a while. Would rather they play outside, and it's free.

suetoo
by New Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 6:56 AM

No, they are a brewing pot of germs and I don't believe those ball or cube pits can be sanitized well or often enough! 

isa0330
by Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 6:39 PM

We like them...when the temperature is over 90 degrees, they are the best option for playtime.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)