Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to Red Hat Scrappers

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:27 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 271 Total Views

I started this group to find others who are over 50, love being a Red Hatter, and enjoy scrapbooking.  I've searched CM to find them, because I know I'm not the only one who is and I hope to find you!

This group is open to discussing almost anything, but please no drama.  Feel free to share whatever's going on in your life but mostly I'd like to see us be positive and supportive of one another.  To share our Red Hat adventures and what projects we're working on, thinking of doing or wanting to start.

If you have any questions, suggestions or ideas - feel free to email me directly at Sassyscrapper@gmail.com.

Waving my red boa to you,

Karen

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
nanawinq
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Hi Karen,

Although we know a little about each other I thought I'd do a little intro for the others who are going to join.  (Positive Thinking)

I'm 56, a wife (of one), mother (of two), and Nana (of three).  I am a sahm of a 17 year old developemntally delayed boy.  Red Hatting is one of my outlets and chance to visit with people my age.

In June, due to economic conditions, my daughter + her husband + her three children are going to move from CO to OK and in with us until they can get on their feet.  It's going to be a little crowded since we only have a small, ranch style, three bedroom home.  We are working out the details ahead of time through emails and then plan on having an adult family meeting twice a month to make sure no one is harboring any hard feelings about anything.  Nip it in the bud early.

My first love is counted cross stitch, but then comes scrapbooking, crochet, macrame and quilting.  I have a feeling that my craft time is going to be limited for awhile.  But I'm going to sneak it in somehow...can't go without my fix.

I absolutely love Red Hatting...I've met the best of friends and have enjoyed every event we have gone to.  Everyone is so young at heart.

Well, that's me in a nut shell...if you want to know more just ask.

Waving my purple and red boa right back at ya!

Sassyscrapper
by Group Owner on Jan. 27, 2010 at 10:10 AM

Oh my goodness, your home is going to be filled to the brim with your daughter and family moving in!  Sounds though as if you're doing it the smart way by talking about expectations and planning monthly meetings for everyone to share their feelings - good for you!!!  My youngest (20) just moved to Nebraska and as much as I hated to see her move so far away, I am tickled to be by myself again.  (My husband is currently living with his Mom and has for the last 3 years.  One of these days he'll be moving back home after she gives up her house and settles in an asst. living situation).  I truly enjoy living alone and being in charge of my remote, my sleeping schedule and

I used to do lots of cross stitching but not much since scrapbooking entered my life!  I find myself wanting to do it again making some ornaments for the girls.  This year I'm on the look out for one's I think they'd like or represents something about them and next November will give them what I've found or made.  In fact, I found 2 Zebra photo boxes at Michael's this week (half price!) and bought them to use for the ornaments.  (They love anything zebra print!)

One ornament I'm making is an heirloom ornament by taking a really old quilt that's beyond repair, made by their great-grandmother, and cutting it into large squares, wrapping them around a styrofoam ball, and adding lace, pearls, ribbons, etc.  Hopefully there's enough squares to make one for each of her female descendants in our family which I think is 8.  My MIL has already given me permission to do the same thing with one her quilts that's thread bare but she still uses.  Ohhhhhh, I just had moment of inspiration .... I need to make a red and purple oranments to represent "me" since they both know how much I love being a Red Hatter!

I feel the same way about being a RH'er as you do Win.  I'm proud to wear our colors and love the spirit it represents!  I love that it's gives me permission to be the TRUE me and act a little outrageous and fun loving!  Hopefully this group with bring others who enjoy these passions we both do!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)