Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's Get To Know Each Other

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:58 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 283 Total Views

I'm Karen, 56, married to my DH Mike for 25 yrs, we have 2 beautiful daughters (24 and 20) and one adorable granddaughter who just turned 2. (The JOY of my life!)  Both girls live out of town now, which I don't like.  Our youngest is getting married the end of this year, and my New Year's resolution to eat healthier (read lose weight) is more important than ever, so I can wear a fabulous Mother-of-the-Bride dress! (Don't think she'll let me wear red and purple tho)

Four years I was a queen of a Red Hat Chapter. Unfortunately participation fizzled out. Then I lost my car, due to unemployment, and couldn't get around.   Now I'm hoping to find a new chapter to join since I finally got new wheels last months.  I think about starting a new chapter but not sure ... yet.

I've been scrapbooking since 1997 and have gone through many dry periods.  Two months before last Christmas I started making family cookbooks for my girls and that has helped get me "back in the saddle"!  Just bought some things to make Valentine Cards and hopefully I'll get them finished AND mailed! lol  (My plans to make Christmas cards didn't pan out so well, but the way I look at it, I've got a head start on my cards for this year!)

I look forward to hearing about what you're doing in your RH chapters and what scrapping projects you're working on, or hope to start.  Do you like to make cards?  Do you scrap your RH pictures?

If you've gotten this far ... it's now time for you to go introduce yourself (please) so we can all get to know each other!

So GLAD you're here, let's have some fun together!

Karen

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
nanawinq
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 10:05 AM

Oooops!  I did my intro in the welcome post.  Sorry about that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)