Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you working on?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:55 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 286 Total Views

I thought it'd be interesting to share what we're working on, thinking about doing, or wanting to do ...

I'm finishing up 2 family recipe books for my girls that are sadly overdue!  It was funny how they each reacted so differently about it.  My oldest thought it was great because she could request more crock pot recipes (she got one for Xmas) and my youngest one ... oh, she was very  judgemental.  I hit a brick wall about 2-1/2 weeks before Christmas and that was it.  (I ran out of the kind of paper I wanted and couldn't get out to search for more).

The albums are 8-1/2 x 5-1/2, 3 ring binders, divided by colors (i.e. red for appetizers, orange for breads, etc)  Each section has room for 11 recipes.  I've added photos, tips, quotes and misc. info.  Luckily, this week I hit the jack pot at Hobby Lobby, found all sorts of wonderful papers, so am back on track again.  I've also added a list of family birthdays and family addresses for them.

So that's what I'm working on.  Plus I plan to make about a dozen Valentine cards.  I've had a dickens of a time finding red, sparkly heart shaped stickers tho.  I've seen pink ones, purple ones, and funny shaped hearts.

Red Hat blessings,

Karen

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
nanawinq
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 9:50 AM

Hi Karen,

I just picked up the supplies to start our BABS official chapter scrapbook.  I purchased an 8 1/2 X 11 so I would have a great selection of papers and wouldn't have to trim.  LOL  I'm doing reasearch now to find poems, songs, ideas on listing info on each member, etc.  We only have three photos so far and only digital.  Guess I'd better get them printed out before I forget when they were taken.  We were headed to a Bling Party.

Looking for any suggestions...and supply sources.

Blessings and Happy Hatting,

nanawinq
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 8:49 AM

I've just started another project.  I have picked up a journal for each of my grandchildren, with matching pen color of course.  I will name them, Trevor-ism's, Katie-ism's and Justin-ism's.  In it I am going to journal all the funny things that they say and do as they grow up.  Then when they are older they can get a lick out of how cute they were when they were young.  I'm going to include when, where and who with each entry so it'll create a little story and bring back fond memories.  I think I got this idea from Grandparents.com.

I have to share a Katie-ism that happened recently...I just can't help but giggle whenever I think about it.

Katie and her brother, Trevor were taking a nightly bath together.  (They are still young)  Trevor asked Mommie what the names of their private parts were.  Without a pause she told each of them what the technical names were.  Trevor said, "Mommie, I think I'll just call my a pee-pee."  Katie (3), not wanting to be left out said, "Mommie, I think I'll call mine Gena."  Won't she just love reading that when she is older...well maybe not as a teenager...but as an adult.

My dauaghter either calls me or sends me an email each time an "ism" comes up...when they move in with us in June I'll be able to catch them myself in the moment.

Aren't grandchildren a hoot?

Sassyscrapper
by Group Owner on Jan. 27, 2010 at 9:28 AM

What a "grand" idea (sorry, just couldn't help myself and I did groan as I was writing it) and I simply love it!  I have just one grand and I'm going to start doing this for her.  I've been writing down things about her on a private blog I keep (as a journal) but your idea of putting them is a book is better!  Izzie just turned 2 and is talking more and more these days and I find her really funny!

I'm so glad you shared this!  Wish I'd thought to do this when my girls were young but back then I was overwhemed trying to juggle everything (including a sick husband) and not very good at follow through of things like this.  That's why I make it a priority to do it for my granddaughter!

Keep these great ideas coming!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)