Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to the group! Introductions, please!

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 12:34 PM
  • 76 Replies
  • 1182 Total Views

Welcome to the group!  Please feel free to introduce yourself, your family & interests.

by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BJsMommy04
by Baker's Apprentice on Jan. 26, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Hello,

I'm Tammy.  :) I am married and have a 5 yr. old.  She will be 6 come March.   I have a bread machine.  It is actually a bread machine, toaster oven, broiler, all in one.  I have used it many times.  But have not used it lately.  I have been planning on it though.  I have several interests, just waiting to be able to do all of them.  lol. 

michiganmom116
by Bakery owner on Jan. 26, 2010 at 12:49 PM

Hi Tammy!

I'm Rhonda, the group owner.  I have had bread machines for several years now and LOVE them!  I have broken my wrists in the past and have arthritis starting in them, so kneading bread dough for 10 minutes KILLS my wrists.  My family loves homemade bread though, and that's where my bread machines come in!  I do more than just bread; I make rolls, artisan breads, even a cake once.

ZsMommy
by Baker's Apprentice on Jan. 26, 2010 at 12:55 PM

Hi...

I'm Heids...

I'm a mother of of one (daughter) who has High Functioning Autism.Married 10 years (so far)

I love to cook and craft,despise baking-but that's why when it comes to bread I love my bread machine-Except I lost the paddle this past year (think the cat's may have accidentally knocked it into the trash can after I washed it and had it setting atop the machine waiting for the inner pan to dry to put it back in the machine (I have an upright Breadman-It's 11 years old)

Anyhow-I need to order a new paddle-so for now I'll just be collecting recipes here.

Can't wait to meat everyone else.

~Heids

I'd rather be genuine with my faults and mistakes than "front" and be a contradiction....

May the good Lord bless your day.

If you like to cook and share recipes, Check Out Country Cooking http://www.cafemom.com/group/6103

If you enjoy crafts or just looking to be inspired,Check Out "Crafter's in Need of a 12 step program"     http://www.cafemom.com/group/Crafters12step

rochellecole
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 11:28 PM

Hi I am Rochelle. I am married and a mom of 3. I am also new to cafe moms. I was just checking out the groups and found this one. It is funny because I have a bread machine I have never used and never planed on using. I was going to sell it at a yard sale this summer. Now that I have found these recipes I just might use it. So wish me luck and we will see how it goes.....

michiganmom116
by Bakery owner on Jan. 26, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Welcome, Heids and Rochelle!

I hope this group can help you enjoy your bread machines!

tristansmom74
by on Jan. 28, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Hi Rhonda!!

I'm Nan and have a 7 yo wild little boy.

I have a bread machine. I used to use it but not so much anymore. I don't like the paddles hole in the bottom of the finished bread or the size  and shape of the bread pan. 

syndell58
by on Jan. 29, 2010 at 6:48 AM

My name is Cindy. I have four kids all grown with one at home and expecting her first baby July 31st. I have four grandkids already. My sons fiance is also expecting due bout a week before my daughter. Its gonna be like having twins running a round! lol. IM very excited about it!. I love to do many things. I currently do not have a bread maker but have wanted since they cam out. My sister has one and I kove to be around when she uses it so I can get some of of that nice warm bread with some butter melted on it...lol. She also uses it for pizza crust. I am looking forward to the recipes and help in using it when I do get one. Hopefully very soon! 

TheMom1994
by Newbie on Jan. 31, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Hello, I just stumbled across this group. I'm thrilled as I have a bread maker but don't think I fully take advantage of it. There's so many goodies in here I can't wait to check them out.

I'm a working mom of two and an online student. The hubby is also pretty good with the breadmaker and has been checking out recipes with me. lol My interests right now are focused on guiding my family in healthy eating habits and saving as much money as possible. Feel free to stop by my page for a valentine candy too. sunglasses mini

michiganmom116
by Bakery owner on Jan. 31, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Welcome to Nan, Cindy & Joy!!!  We're happy to see you join our growing group!

I hope you can get ideas from the recipes and feel free to add more!

iamme1414
by Newbie on Feb. 6, 2010 at 8:08 AM

Hi.  I'm Gina.  Married 14 years and have two younger kids-9DD and 5 DS.  Have had a bread machine for a few years now and have not used it that much.  Saw it the other day and have since made two loaves from it's booklet that the family loved.  So, I'm looking for others to try with them.  I love the smell of freshly baked bread and the fact that it costed so little to make.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)