Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Basic Pita Bread

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 7:21 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 349 Total Views

Basic Pita Bread

Ingredients for a 1 pound loaf:

3/4 cup milk
1tbsp olive oil
2 cups bread flour
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp active dry yeast or bread machine yeast

Directions:

1. Add ingredients to the bread pan according to the manufacturer's instructions. Select the Dough cycle and start.

2. After the cycle is complete, remove the dough from the machine and cover with a large bowl. Let it rest for about 10 minutes.

3. Divide the dough into seven equal portions and shape each into a smooth ball. Place the balls on a lightly floured work surface and use a rolling-pin to roll each ball into a 6 inch circle. Cover the circles and let them rise for about 30 minutes or until they puff slightly.

4. Place 2 to three dough circles on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake in an oven at 450 degrees for about 3 minutes, turn the dough once, then bake for an additional 3 or 4 minutes, or until the bread is puffed and the tops are beginning to brown.

5. Remove the pita rounds from the oven and let them cool on a rack, and repeat with the remaining dough circles. You should end up with 7 to 10 pita rounds.

6. To serve, cut the pita in two and fill the inside with the filling of your choice, or just wrap the pita around the desired filling.

by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sassymomntx1961
by Baker's Apprentice on Jul. 19, 2011 at 12:59 PM

I have all the ingredients for this one.I'll have to look at the owners manual to make sure what order to put everything in since I havent used it yet lol.Can I put them in the order you have them listed?Its an Oster brand.

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

momofsix317
by Bakery manager on Jul. 19, 2011 at 3:30 PM

You probably should check the owners manual for your machine. They are all pretty much the same, but, it could be different.

mes_deux_amours
by Baker's Apprentice on Sep. 2, 2012 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I love making my own pita bread. I am going to give it a try in the bread machine for the first time this weekend!

momofsix317
by Bakery manager on Sep. 3, 2012 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I am going to try these this week!

shishie
by Newbie on Dec. 14, 2013 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Made these today for dinner. They smelled so good, that we ate half of them for lunch.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)