Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

by on Jan. 29, 2010 at 12:54 PM
Replies (21-28):
Mommy22boys
by Baker's Apprentice on Nov. 27, 2010 at 5:16 PM

These are the pepperoni & cheese bagels I made today.  I used the plain bagel recipe and added 1 or 2 tablespoons of milk (my dough was too dry), 1/4 cup italian blend shredded cheese and about a 1/4 cup pepperoni.  I added both from the start so the pepperoni was torn to very small pieces but it worked well.  I also gave them an extra 10 minutes or so rising time because I was putting lights on the christmas tree, but I think it made them softer inside.  After the boiling, I brushed them with the egg white and put more italian blend shredded cheese on top then baked for about 23 minutes.  I took the picture with my phone so it has a blueish tint to it. 

Kim                                                                       
 teacherHomeschooling mom and reading book addict

“Home is the best place for teaching many things, first and most important of which is how to think for one's self.” ~Laura Ingalls Wilder

michiganmom116
by Bakery owner on Nov. 27, 2010 at 5:23 PM

Looks YUMMY!

Quoting Mommy22boys:

These are the pepperoni & cheese bagels I made today.  I used the plain bagel recipe and added 1 or 2 tablespoons of milk (my dough was too dry), 1/4 cup italian blend shredded cheese and about a 1/4 cup pepperoni.  I added both from the start so the pepperoni was torn to very small pieces but it worked well.  I also gave them an extra 10 minutes or so rising time because I was putting lights on the christmas tree, but I think it made them softer inside.  After the boiling, I brushed them with the egg white and put more italian blend shredded cheese on top then baked for about 23 minutes.  I took the picture with my phone so it has a blueish tint to it. 

sassymomntx1961
by Baker's Apprentice on Nov. 28, 2010 at 9:59 PM

The sound of pep and cheese sounds so good lol

kybella
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:26 AM

Cranberry Orange Bagels

Ingredients:

1 cup water, divided (70-80 degrees) 4 tablespoons water, divided (70-80 degrees) 1/2 cup dried cranberries 1/3 cup packed brown sugar 4 1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel 1 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves 3 cups bread flour 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast 1 tablespoon sugar 1 egg white 1 tablespoon cornmeal

Prep Time: 40 mins

Total Time: 1 hr

1. 1 In bread machine pan, place 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp water, cranberries, brown sugar, orange peel, salt, cloves, flour and yeast in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 Tbsp of water or flour if needed.).
  2. 2 When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Shape into nine balls. Push thumb through centers to form a 1-in. whole. Stretch and shape dough to form an even ring. Cover and let rest for 10 inutes; flatten rings slightly.
  3. 3 Fill a Dutch oven two-thirds full with water; add sugar and bring to a boil. Drop bagels, two at a time, into boiling water. Cook for 45 seconds; turn and cook 45 seconds longer. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
  4. 4 Whisk egg white and remaining water; brush over bagels. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and sprinkle with cornmeal. Place bagels 2 inches apart on prepared pan. bake 400 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.

Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/cranberry-orange-bagels-443278#ixzz1DTY0jSyd

mes_deux_amours
by Baker's Apprentice on Sep. 2, 2012 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

AH HA! PERFECT!

I can't wait to try this out :)

Quoting michiganmom116:

Basic bagels

Ingredients

• 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 3 cups bread flour
  • 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
  • 3 quarts boiling water
  • 3 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon cornmeal
  • 1 egg white
  • 3 tablespoons poppy seeds

Directions

1. Place water, salt, sugar, flour and yeast in the bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select Dough setting.
  2. When cycle is complete, let dough rest on a lightly floured surface. Meanwhile, in a large pot bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. Stir in 3 tablespoons of sugar.
  3. Cut dough into 9 equal pieces, and roll each piece into a small ball. Flatten balls. Poke a hole in the middle of each with your thumb. Twirl the dough on your finger or thumb to enlarge the hole, and to even out the dough around the hole. Cover bagels with a clean cloth, and let rest for 10 minutes.
  4. Sprinkle an ungreased baking sheet with cornmeal. Carefully transfer bagels to boiling water. Boil for 1 minute, turning half way through. Drain briefly on clean towel. Arrange boiled bagels on baking sheet. Glaze tops with egg white, and sprinkle with your choice of toppings.
  5. Bake in a preheated 375 degree F (190 degrees C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until well browned.

mes_deux_amours
by Baker's Apprentice on Sep. 2, 2012 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Here is my result :)

I haven't eaten one yet but not too bad looking :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Bakery owner on Sep. 2, 2012 at 8:12 PM
2 moms liked this

They look GOOD!

Quoting mes_deux_amours:

sassymomntx1961
by Baker's Apprentice on Sep. 3, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Quoting michiganmom116:

They look GOOD!

Quoting mes_deux_amours:

Your making me hungery lol.

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN