This pumpkin bread is simple to make with the use of a bread machine. It has all the same ingredients used to make your pumpkin pie so good: pumpkin, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. This tasty pumpkin bread can be served with plain butter, or you can try sweetening it with a little honey.
Top ideas for dinner tonight:
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, cut up
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast or bread machine yeast
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Add the ingredients to the bread machine* according to the manufacturer's directions. Select the basic white bread cycle. Makes 16 servings.
- *Note: The bread machine pan must have a capacity of 10 cups or more.
- Make-Ahead Tip: Bake and cool bread. Wrap in foil and place in a large plastic freezer bag or freezer container. Seal, label, and freeze up to 1 month. Thaw overnight in refrigerator or 2 hours at room temperature. Or, place foil-wrapped frozen bread in 300 degree F. oven for 25 minutes or just until warm.