Recipe uses the dough cycle of bread machine
- 1 cup warm water
2 3/4 teaspoons salt
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 1/4 to 5 1/5 cups unbleached bread flour
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- Egg Wash:
1 large egg
Sesame seeds for sprinkling (optional)
- Place the ingredients into the bread machine
pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Set machine for Dough cycle and press
- When cycle is complete, remove dough and
divide into three sections and then braid the sections into a
- Grease or line a baking sheet with parchment
paper. Place bread on onto prepared baking sheet. Generously
brush bread with egg wash (reserve remaining egg wash for later).
Sprinkle on sesame seeds. Place whole baking sheet into a large
- Allow bread to rise 30 to 40 minutes or
until almost doubled in size. Brush again with reserved egg wash.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place bread in oven, and immediately reduce
heat to 350°F (175°C). Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
Makes 1 loaf.
on Dec. 5, 2010 at 9:16 AM