Recipe uses the dough cycle of bread machine only.
- 1 cup warm water
2 3/4 teaspoons salt
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 1/4 to 5 1/5 cups unbleached bread flour
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- Egg Wash:
1 large egg
Sesame seeds for sprinkling (optional)
- Place the ingredients into the bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Set machine for Dough cycle and press start.
- When cycle is complete, remove dough and divide into three sections and then braid the sections into a loaf.
- Grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place bread on onto prepared baking sheet. Generously brush bread with egg wash (reserve remaining egg wash for later). Sprinkle on sesame seeds. Place whole baking sheet into a large plastic bag.
- Allow bread to rise 30 to 40 minutes or until almost doubled in size. Brush again with reserved egg wash.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place bread in oven, and immediately reduce heat to 350°F (175°C). Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
Makes 1 loaf.