Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whole wheat flour recipes?

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:02 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 219 Total Views
Anyone have, or know where I can get interesting recipes that strictly use whole wheat flour? Or is there a trick for replacing white/bread flour for whole wheat? Thanks for any info.
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
michiganmom116
by Bakery owner on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:07 PM

You may have to add more gluten when using all whole wheat flour.  The whole wheat flour isn't processed enough to release the gluten.

I'll try to find some recipes.  In the meanwhile, on the 2nd page of the forum "Bread Recipes", there is one for Super Moist Wheat Bread.

Cukimonster
by Newbie on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:14 PM
Thank you. It looks good. Defiantly going on my list. I have a box of gluten, but don't see many recipes for it. If I just need to add some in and can use regular recipes that would be great.

I'm very new to this, and I had tried before to just swap out the flour. I failed miserably lol. Which caused me to give up trying for a few months. But now I'm back hoping to figure it out. :) I'll see what I can find googling it. I appreciate the help.

Quoting michiganmom116:

You may have to add more gluten when using all whole wheat flour.  The whole wheat flour isn't processed enough to release the gluten.

I'll try to find some recipes.  In the meanwhile, on the 2nd page of the forum "Bread Recipes", there is one for Super Moist Wheat Bread.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)