Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Battlefield Bad Company 2 (POIG)

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 8:44 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 479 Total Views

If you are on my friends list you have undoubtedly seen me playing BC2 a lot. This is one of my favorite games. This is a first person shooter game. When playing the online multiplayer you can join three other friends in either a squad deathmatch, a rush (where you have to set charges on objectives), a conquest (where you capture certain points) or a squad rush (where you and your friends have to protect one place and not let anyone capture it). The rush and conquest has a higher amount of people playing them (usually 24 where as the squad deathmatches and squad rushes have 12).

You get to pick between four classes which all have unique set ups. You can be an assault, medic, engineer, or a sniper. Personally I use the assault because I can give myself ammo as some people don't pay attention to the needs of others. With the engineer you can carry RPGs and fix the tanks and vehicles. With the medic you can drop medic packs and earn points for that and reviving people. (You also earn points when people get ammo from the assault class as well.) With the recon kit you have the ability to use motion sensors (let you know when the opposite teams are close to you) (You have no idea how many snipers don't use this, makes for an easier kill) and mortar strikes. (This is a favorite of many snipers, me included.) You can take out a tank if it doesn't move out of the way.

One big thing that makes this game so much different is that everything is destructible buildings,bridges, trees, everything except for the rocks. I have personally taken out trees with my M95 sniper rifle. You get points for killing someone if a house is destroyed with them in it.

Dice has made a VIP code for those that buy it (if you rent it you can buy the VIP code from the PS store for $15.) This code is worth it because they release maps for the game for free. If you go to the PS store you can buy other add-ons (they aren't really worth it unless you want an option to change the way your character is dressed. When you purchase these you get a gun that is supposed to be better but there really isn't any change. I use the outfits depending on the board.) Dice just recently released the Onslaught mode. I can't tell you much about this as we aren't really interested in it. From what I hear it is multiplayer but you and your friends can go battle a game of computer controlled players. (If you ask me that just takes all the fun out of multiplayer, I play because I know I just made someone mad when I killed them just like when they kill me repeatedly.) Dice is going to be releasing a new add-on in the Fall called Vietnam. From what I have heard this has the ability to be fun depending on how they do it.

You can also use your knife for kills. When you use your knife you collect dog tags. They range from bronze, silver, and gold. The bronze looks like a silver dog tag with blood on it. I collect a lot of these. Remember those snipers I told you about that don't use their motion sensors? Yep those are the easy targets. ;) I have a friend of mine who has 2500 and some and she is on a quest 20,000. She has more dog tags than the top guy on the leaderboards. Yeah she is that good with her knife.

I often hear how people are comparing BC2 to MW2 and saying one is better than the other. Personally I think that they both are good games. They each have their perks and disadvantages. I like both equally.

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mommabear82
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 8:46 AM

• The ultimate Online warfare

Battlefield Bad Company™ 2 brings the spectacular Battlefield gameplay to the forefront of next-gen consoles and PC, featuring best-in-class vehicular combat set across a wide range of huge sandbox maps each with a different tactical focus. New vehicles like the All Terrain Vehicle (ATV) and the UH-60 transport helicopter allow for all-new multiplayer tactics in the warzone. Extensive fine-tuning ensures that this will be the most realistic vehicle combat experience to date. Tactical destruction is taken to new heights with the updated DICE Frostbite engine. Players can now take down entire buildings or create their own vantage points by blasting holes through cover, thereby delivering a unique dynamic experience in every match.

Players can also compete in 4-player teams in 2 exclusive squad-only game modes, fighting together to unlock exclusive team awards and achievements. Spawn on your squad to get straight into the action and use gadgets such as the tracer dart in conjunction with the RPG to devastating effect. Excellence in the battlefield is rewarded with an extensive range of pins, insignias and stars to unlock along with 50 dedicated ranks to achieve. Variety also extends into the range of customizable kits weapons and vehicles available. With 4 distinct character classes, dozens of weapons, several gadgets and specializations, players have over 15,000 kit variations to discover and master. Players will be able to fine-tune their preferred fighting style to give them the edge in combat.

All of these features combine to deliver spectacular and unpredictable action moments found nowhere else in a modern warfare experience. The game also sees the return of the "B" Company squad in a more mature and intense single player experience where the stakes are higher than ever.

This is my favorite board, Arica Harbor. Lol.

_mRs_dJ_dOe
    by Member on Sep. 1, 2010 at 8:41 PM

I'd have to agree with you there..... I happen TO LOVE MW2, and i HATED BC2 at first, but i also HATED  MW2 in the beginning as well, almost everyone dislikes what they dont know or dont understand. You never know until you give it a try =)

Quoting mommabear82:

I often hear how people are comparing BC2 to MW2 and saying one is better than the other. Personally I think that they both are good games. They each have their perks and disadvantages. I like both equally.

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)