• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Had my first appointment today!!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:22 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 159 Total Views

Well ladies this afternoon i had my first pregnant appointment.  The doctor i saw was the one i saw last month when i went in to tell her we were going to start ttc, so i made sure to make an appointment with her.  Since this is our third and i'm only 4.5 weeks along she treated me like a pro and didnt even do an internal, asked how many tests i took at home lol and sent me on my way with a lab slip to get a quantitative HCG and progesterone and I go back next Thursday for a follow up.  I was so happy with this  appointment because it was not invasive at all and i just love love love my doctor!  Good luck to those headed to the dr soon!

Pregnancy%20ticker
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
scaredoflabor
by Head Admin on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:46 PM

They didnt do an internal? as in the pap and whatnot? Why is that I assumed they always did that and did the test for I think group B strep? I refused the pap as I personally feel it caused one of my MC but I know they do a pelvic exam to.

Anyways glad everything went well. When do you get your hgc levels back? I cant wait to hear everyones stories and who may be having multiples. Its always so exciting when you find your prego but even more when you get to see them and how many there are and the sex! Glad it went well.Seems like a great doctor

mommacosta4
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:50 PM

No internal or pap because i was just there for my yearly last month and the pap was sent to the lab for all tests, which were negative!!  So the doctor said there was really no reason to even do an internal since this is our third time around.  Hopefully tomorrow I can go to Labcorp and have my blood drawn and I will find out at my appointment next week (Thursday)  what all my levels are :) 

Pregnancy%20ticker
mygsale
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 8:35 AM

Wow!  That sounds like an easy doc visit.  I go in on Monday.  I thought it was odd that they had me come in so fast, but I'll take it. 

Just wondering, can they tell or suspect multiples from any sort of early blood work?  Or is heartbeat/ultra sound the only way they know?

jazi1105
by Group Owner on Apr. 2, 2010 at 2:23 PM

I'm waiting until I'm 8 weeks along...I'm 5 wks 1 day right now, so I've got a bit to go. lol I'm hoping for twins!! lol It is possible because my husband's side has twins, and on my side there are a whole mess of twins, and I myself was a twin, but my brother died when my mom was 6 months pregnant with us...luckily she made it to full term with no complications. I really hope for twins because I want 2 kids, and hubby only wants 1...he said after this pregnancy(if it goes to full term that is), he's getting "snipped" so hopefully I'll get my wish lol

I hope your blood work comes back good!! : )

azmomoffour
by on Apr. 3, 2010 at 2:25 AM

Im waiting till the 8 week mark myself cause then they can do an ultra and see if there is a heart beat. I dont see a point in going to soon for them to just say yup your preggers. but then again ive done this enough times to know what the drills are. LOL glad the appintment was so easy.

AS for the group b strep test thats not done till your 35 or 36 weeks cause even if your pos now it could still clear up so they dont care till your close to due date and want to make sure you cant pass on to baby

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)