• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Horrible Constipation - sorry probably TMI

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:42 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 204 Total Views

I am so done!

The last few days I have been dealing with horrible constipation.  I had my husband go to the store last night and get me some Milk of Magnesia (on my OK list from the doc) because I was cramping so bad I couldn't even stand up straight.

It got better within the hour of taking the medicine, and my stool (TMI again!) turned to almost water.  Now today after I went back to eating normal again, I feel stuffed once more. I am trying my best to drink a lot of water and will eat more raw fruits and veggies in the next couple of days to hopefully help out. 

Just wondering if any of you have dealt with this yet or in an earlier pregnancy. I am 9 1/2 weeks and this is my second pregnancy. It was not like this with my first!

by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Sabella24
by on May. 3, 2010 at 8:43 AM

I'm so sorry. I've never had to deal with constipation while pregnant...I always have the exact opposite problem. Too loose. Ugh. Love pregnancy, eh? Lol.

booksrme
by on May. 3, 2010 at 8:55 AM

I notice I am going less often. I just changed prenatals to one with a stool softener added so I hope that helps.  

Lilypie Maternity tickers

sonjabackman
by on May. 3, 2010 at 12:03 PM

I am dealing with it too!!! I started taking a stool softener...like the ones they give you in the hospital after you deliver to ensure you have a BM before you leave...it helped a little...and I too usually have the opposite issue...way too loose! this is baby number 6 for us and the first time in my life that I have ever dealt with constipation! So good luck!

mygsale
by on May. 3, 2010 at 3:47 PM

We went out to eat last night and the food did not sit well in my stomach...if you know what I mean.  Well I was constipated.  That was miserable to have clogged plumping while having diarrhea behind it.  Today I am gonna get a box of Raisin Bran.  With my other pregnancies I ate soy nuts and loved them.  That did the trick.  This time I cannot stomach them. I am hoping Raisin Bran will be tasty.

I hope you find some relief soon.

jazi1105
by Group Owner on May. 3, 2010 at 5:33 PM

I'm right there with ya!!!! I am so sick of it...I haven't tried any meds to get rid of it/help me out, but I have done the fruits and veggies thing, I've eaten fiber plus, I've eaten shredded wheat, I've drank gallons of water lol and nothing works...and it sucks! I am severely nauseous, full of food, and constipated...I look like a friggin BLIMP! lol It's awful.... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)