Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh no! I've opened a can of worms...

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:15 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 226 Total Views

I told my son (who just turned 5) this afternoon that I have a baby in my tummy.  He ran off to tell his sister who says she thinks he is lying.  She has not come to talk to me about it yet.  Now my son is constantly talking about that baby and what I can and cannot eat and asking how I am doing.  It is pretty cute.  I love seeing that sweet side of him that is so caring.  My daughter has told me before she wishes she was an only child and I don't think this is going to go over too well with her.  I sure did this all wrong.  I should have told them together.  I still have not told my in-laws.  I am pretty sure if I have not told them by next week my daughter will tell them on Wednesday when she spends the day there.  The idea that my husband is afraid to tell them makes me uncomfortable.  So I have not said anything yet either.  The cat is officially out of the bag now that Nate knows.  I am sure he will be telling EVERYONE! 

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mygsale
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:32 PM

Yep, just had a talk with my daughter.  She is not happy!

azmomoffour
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:32 PM

im sorry your daughter is so unhappy. my oldest daughter was not even the least bit thrilled when we went to have my last daughter she let everyone know how much she did no tlike our decission. but since the baby came out a girl things got a lot better lol. maybe you guys will have a girl and your daughter will see that babies are not horrible news.

sorry about the in laws. you only have two kids I cant see why anyone would be neg about you all having another one. we are on baby #6 and we get the comments for sure.

scaredoflabor
by Head Admin on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:49 PM

lol sorry she is not happy. I think she will be better when she gets to help dress baby andfeed baby and hold baby. This is why I told my mom NOT to tell her 5 youngest kids. they are 11,9,6,4,and 2. I hate all the constant questions and when pregnant with Olivia (my first) the 10 year old actually asked why I chose to have a baby with a *nasty mexican* (he isnt racist just doesnt agree with mixing of races due to his choice of readings he has learned that they should not mix which obviously needs to change!)

I hope they will only know Im pregnant when i bring home the baby LOL. I know its cute though when its just one.

Maybe take your daughter so see u/s and what not. Give her the name choices and let her help choose? I didnt know kids at her age would not like the idea of having another baby. Maybe she just wants a sister? Good luck I hope the family does not give negitive reactions I think its so rude when they do that!

mygsale
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 8:42 AM

I think my daughter is opening up to the idea a little.  One minute she says she is not happy, the next she is looking for toys of hers to give to the baby.  She said she hopes it is a boy so the boys will bug each other and leave her alone.  Nate says he will be happy either way.  He is about to burst with excitement.  Both kids are asking questions.  Nate wants to know if the baby is crying.  LOL!  I love it!  But his questions are constant.  I say lets change the subject and try talking about volcanoes or something and he is right back to baby.  Hopefully it will all come down when the news is not so new.  

Sabella24
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 9:07 AM

I hope your daughter comes around. It's hard to get them to see the miracle of life when they feel like they are being replaced. Maybe do something one-on-one with her and approach her instead of waiting around for her to come to  you. Then you can talk to her about it and let her know how she can help you with the baby if she wants, because she's so grown up and responsible.

jazi1105
by Group Owner on Jun. 4, 2010 at 12:12 PM

awww...she'll loosen up to it more and more as time goes by...wait until the baby starts kicking and she can feel it...she'll change her mind...especially since she's already starting to loosen up. just keep her involved in it and she'll get used to the idea. and that's too cute about your son...I'm sure he'll be a good big brother!

As for the in-laws, idk what to tell ya...maybe having the kids tell them will be a little easier on you and your hubby lol 

mygsale
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Good take Hannah.  I did tell my MIL the cowardly way on the instant messenger.  Feels good to have it done and she was supportive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)