Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Eek...now I feel bad!

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:22 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 248 Total Views

My mil is throwing me my baby shower, but wants me to do all the planning and stuff since she's not good at those kind of things. I was having a hard time finding invitations I liked online, and I realized it would be SO much cheaper to either make them myself or have a friend who does siggies make them and get them printed out at Walmart since it's only 10 cents per 4x6. Well, I looked online for a nice layout and couldn't find anything, so I gave up and asked a friend from here on Cafemom if she could make it for me...well, she did and at first, I loved it! It was so pretty and I really liked it...but then the more I looked at it, the more flaws I found(I have some OCD issues lol) and then I noticed the spelling error lol She put "Your Invited" lol So I didn't want to bother her because I know I put her through enough crap on fixing them when she first made them, so I decided to just look for some backgrounds again and I found the prettiest background EVER...and so I decided to play around with it and see how it would look as an invitation and it came out PERFECT...absolutely perfect...even dh was impressed. But, now I feel bad because I told my friend I would take a picture of the invited when I finished them(I'm going to glue 2 pictures together & then lace them up on the sides so it's double sided) and show them to her and I feel bad that now I'm not going to use the ones she made. What do I do??

Here's the finished product of the ones I made...the party info is in spanish since we live in Puerto Rico lol:

And here are the ones that my friend made me:

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jazi1105
by Group Owner on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:18 PM

BUMP!

scaredoflabor
by Head Admin on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Hmm i like them both but yours better. If you dont want to tell her which i dont think it would be a big deal to tell her but you could always print out one of hers and make it and take pics of it and send to her. 

jazi1105
by Group Owner on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:47 PM

I was thinking of printing one and doing that, but idk... 

booksrme
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:09 PM

I like your better.

Undomesticated
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:42 PM

I don't know if printing one out anyways will do anything.  Maybe that's the best way to handle it.  But, why not just tell her, Thank you for her time and effort, that you really like them, but you decided to go with a different design.  I'm not her, so I can't say if she'll be offended or not, but as far as I'm concerned, I'd rather someone be honest with me and let me know than make a phoney one and pass it off like she used it.

jazi1105
by Group Owner on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:48 PM

See that's why I didn't want to do it lol I feel really crappy and dishonest about the whole thing...and I'm scared to tell her because she has some serious anger issues and I'm afraid it might really piss her off. Ya know? I'm sure I'll end up telling her eventually, but I have to figure out a nice way to tell her and not hurt her feelings. : /

Sabella24
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:42 PM

She might have anger issues but ultimately it's your baby shower, and you should do what you feel is best. Just tell her how much you appreciate her efforts.

chelleu
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:24 PM

I love yours! You should just tell her thanks, but you've decided to go with something else. She shouldn't be offended, it's your shower after all! :) GL

Rolistoli
by Group Head Admin on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:39 PM

well, if she is offended, so be it. All you can do is tell her in the nicest way possible that you really appreciate her time and effort but you are going with a different design. And then if she gets super pissed just tell her "well then, learn to spell!" LOL...Just kidding.

jazi1105
by Group Owner on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Lol...that made my day Rolistoli!! haha

I was talking with one of my friends that is also somewhat friends with her and she says that mine looks better, and to pretty much tell her that although we really liked hers, that my mil wanted to look at other options(which is somewhat true...my mil didn't really say anything when I showed her, so I don't think she liked it) as well and that we all agreed on the one I did. And that if she wants to help us out with her design for Thank You notes for after, than that would be a big help....she said then she'll at least feel useful. I'm going to try and figure things out for tomorrow.

Thanks for the help ladies...it's all been a big help! I am taking everyone's advice to heart and mulling things over...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)