Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's wrong with her??

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:33 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 250 Total Views

Leana has me soo stressed these last few days. She WILL NOT go to sleep without the BIGGEST fight, and then when she's awake she screams bc she's tired. It's getting sooo frustrating...here's what my day has been...

3am-woke up and I tried snuggling her back to sleep like I always do, but she kept screaming and kicking away from me, and I would let her get herself comfy and she'd scream bc she wanted to be held, and it was a neverending cycle until finally her father got up, gave her a bottle(she kept spitting the milk back out for me), and she fell asleep with him.

8am-woke up and had breakfast and watched cartoons.

9am-started whining bc she wanted her bottle(she usually takes her first nap at 9:30-10am) so I made one, and she kept spitting her milk out and kicking at me and trying to get away from me, so I let her play in her playpen. Instead she stood up screaming and crying, and when I'd try to pick her up, she'd sit down and pull away.

10am-MIL tried to get her to nap since she wouldn't stop crying and rubbing her eyes bc she was sleepy. Instead she sat there screaming at her grandma and kicking her bottle away. I got her and tried, and same fit again.

11:30am-I fed her lunch in between screams, gave her water, let her play with toys(which lasted 15 mins and she went right back to screaming).

12:15pm-I gave her her 4th bottle of the day(usually by this time she's only had 2 6 oz bottles or 3 4oz ones, but she had 4 6 oz bottles) and she fought with me at first, but finally gave in and fell asleep.

Now she's asleep, but she's done this the last 2 or 3 days now. Yesterday when I finally got her down for her nap, she slept for 4 1/2 hours, but then when it came to night time, she was back to fighting with us.  Idk what's wrong with her, bc she's changed, full, clean, and should be plenty entertained, but she won't stop crying and screaming.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
booksrme
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:06 PM
Sounds like teething or a growth spurt. My kids get like that for a few days while the teeth are breaking through the gums. Also, they tend to fight sleew as they get older. Juat stay with the routine. Hugs you are doing great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sabella24
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:33 PM

I was just about to suggest teething or growth spurt as well. If you can, sleep when she sleeps...that way at least you will get some rest. Check for any swelling or slight indentations in her gums that would indicate teeth about to cut through.

jazi1105
by Group Owner on Aug. 18, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Thanks. I think it might be her top 2 teeth coming in. I checked and you can see the white on her gums is all the way down, but I can't tell if her gums are swollen or not. I'm hoping it's just that and she'll have 2 more chompers soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)