Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finally an accomplishment for me...

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:10 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 193 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I started making tutus. I'm going to start a local business since nobody here makes them, and I know they'll make a killing. Literally ever single person who's seen Leana's professional pictures compliments her on the tutus, and I'm frankly sick of paying $20+ to get them shipped here, so I figured I'd just order the materials and do them myself. So far, so good...I got my first 3 done, and I'm ordering the stuff to do 6 more this coming week...one of them is going to be Leana's halloween costume(I'm making her a pumpkin tutu hehe). I made an oopsie on my first 3 and ordered the wrong sized tops(I got the ones that are for 0-3 months instead of the large ones that fit NB-4T) so Leana couldn't model them for me to get good pics, but here is my first completed one:

I had to use my bed post to model it LOL

and this is my favorite one, but I haven't added halter straps yet...it's kinda hard to tell, but it's white with pink undertones:

and the other one is hot pink, but I haven't taken any pictures yet.

If you ladies ever want me to make you one custom for the girls, or for baby showers or anything, I can do them in pretty much any color, and I can also do regular tutu skirts that fit from NB to adult, and for you all, I'll do them for as cheap as possible :)

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booksrme
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:51 PM
Those look great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rolistoli
by Group Head Admin on Sep. 16, 2011 at 12:21 PM

super cute!

PixieZully
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 12:42 PM

way cute! I hope your business goes great!!!!!!! :)

jazi1105
by Group Owner on Sep. 16, 2011 at 1:19 PM

thanks :) I'm really excited about it all...I'm ordering my 2nd batch of stuff this weekend, and then once it gets here and I finish them, I'm going to start selling. I also found fairy wings for suuuper cheap locally, so I'm going to try doing a few halloween costumes too :)

PixieZully
by on Sep. 17, 2011 at 1:18 AM

awe! I want a girl now. :( lol!

mygsale
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 9:36 AM

If you make a tutu that has no "top" let me know so I can take a peek.  Your dresses are cute.  I want to see a tutu before I decide what I may like.  Ali wants a multicolored Halloween tutu.  It would be fun to do matching ones for the girls.

jazi1105
by Group Owner on Sep. 27, 2011 at 11:04 AM

I use the 1.5 inch crochet headbands as a waist band for the regular tutus, so they look about the same. The good thing about using them is that they can fit any waist size. I don't have any pictures of the ones I did though. I forgot to take them and they're already gone.(I did 2 for hubby's little cousins)

My friend just did a multi-colored dress for her daughter for a witch costume. It came out pretty cute!

I'm waiting for my supplies to get in to do Leana's pumpkin tutu dress still...I got the tops, but the tulle and flowers haven't arrived.

jazi1105
by Group Owner on Sep. 28, 2011 at 1:15 PM

I just made my first toddler sized tutu dress!! It's identical to the one she wore for her 3 month pics, but in a toddler size :)

Here's Leana modelling it!

booksrme
by on Sep. 28, 2011 at 9:41 PM

so cute!

PixieZully
by on Oct. 1, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Very cute!!!! She is a great model ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)