Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i am SO scared, please help me calm down!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:46 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 288 Total Views

I have been having gall bladder attacks for the past 12 years I just recently found out, I shrugged it off thinking it was just indigestion for this long....2 weeks ago, I ended up spending 5 days in the hospital, becasue over the years, the attacks have been doing a number on my liver apparently...my liver was very infected and enlarged.

they said they wanted to give my liver time to relax for a few weeks before taking out the gall bladder, they say thru ultrasound there is a MASS of stones in there.

I went to my doctor the other day for a 9 day check up on this, and I am still having a fever over 100 at night, and nauseaous, and  i am very sore, feels like a bruise under my ribcage, front and back. he says give it 48 more hours, and then call if it is still bad.

I have been a chicken, I should have called 2 days ago. my situation is worse, but I have been putting it off becasue they will want me in the hospital right away for antibiotics for a few days...then surgery.

I am scared, becasue it cannot be LAPROSCOPICALLY done. It has to be open surgery, a 1-2 hour procedure, and then I will be in the hospital from 4-7 days, and left with a giant 8-10 inch scar along the under side of my ribs. I am TERRIFIED. I do not like the idea of being put under for 2 hours. plus they said it has to be open, because there is a lot of damage to the liver, so they want to make sure eveything is ok, they want to be able to see whats going on, not with just a little camera, in case there is something else wrong.

anyone else have OPEN gall bladder surgery?

we are supposed to close on our house we bought in 4 weeks. they say my recovery will take 4-6 weeks. plus, i have a 15 month old and a 2 month old at home, luckily my hubby works out of the home, but STILL.....

SCARED to death!

come join a new group that is all about baby girls born in 2010! share photos, ask questions, meet moms who share this in common! http://www.cafemom.com/group/109294/ The Group name is Baby girls born in 2010.....see ya there!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
BeachMama05
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:56 PM

im sorry mama i will pray for you that everything goes ok.

keeler_s
by Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:02 PM

What are the sypmtoms of a gall bladder attack? I think thats what happening with me but idk

Im gonna go get mine looked at today

Get it taken care of it can lead to other things! I hope things work out for you so you can be functional for your little ones!

*HUGS*

Aries_Lady
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:57 PM

I'm sorry I know nothing about any of this.  But I am sure everything will work out.  Even though you are scared and it is not something you WANT to do, you NEED to do it.  Take care of yourself, your LO's will thank you for it.  Just think, after recovery, you SHOULDN'T be in pain anymore, which will make your life easier.  GL mama and hopefully someone can give you some advice/imput.

Kaismommy82
by New Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Gall bladder attacks are by far the worst pain that i have ever experienced in my life! I started having them with my first son over 4 years ago and they never figured out what was going on. I also had 3 while pregnant and one after i had Kensie. I am getting mine taken out after May 9th(hubby graduates grad. school). I have never had open surgery but i just wanted to tell you i feel your pain and it is way worse than childbirth. Oh, they syptoms are like a stabbing pain under rib cage that goes around to back and it feels like something is on your lungs, very hard to breathe. I also have thrown up while having them...not fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)