Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ash wed

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2008 at 9:47 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 215 Total Views
Did anyone go out for ash wednesday...My daughter and I did, and it was very nice.

by on Feb. 6, 2008 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
CarlynCoen
by Group Owner on Feb. 7, 2008 at 4:31 PM
nope i didn't... honestly i'm not even sure what that is!! haha i know it's a religious holiday... at least that's my guess... hahaha

Emily_Anne
by Member on Feb. 8, 2008 at 9:45 AM
No, I've only done it once, a long time ago.
So...since you did it, tell us about it!!
ChrisandLiz
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 6:50 PM
LOL, well I got ashes. Its the start of the Easter season which lasts 40 day's. It is the time for fasting and sacrifices and the search for inner peace. The ashes signify inner repentance and forgiveness. Gee, how'd I do??? lol, I am pulling from memory here!!!

Emily_Anne
by Member on Feb. 12, 2008 at 3:22 PM
Ah ok. I knew people got ashes, and my parents even got them every once in awhile. Me...I was always a Sunday Christian. Better than a Christmas/Easter Christian, you know? :-)  Anyhow, I must never have asked more questions. Probably went something like this...
"What's on your head?"
 - ashes
"Why?"
 - it's Ash Wednesday.
"Oh, ok."
LOL!!!
ChrisandLiz
by on Feb. 12, 2008 at 11:18 PM

Quoting Emily_Anne:

Ah ok. I knew people got ashes, and my parents even got them every once in awhile. Me...I was always a Sunday Christian. Better than a Christmas/Easter Christian, you know? :-)  Anyhow, I must never have asked more questions. Probably went something like this...
"What's on your head?"
 - ashes
"Why?"
 - it's Ash Wednesday.
"Oh, ok."
LOL!!!

LOL,,,well I tried to listen this time....but yes that was my answer as a kid too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)