Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

let's start this one off with a bang...

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 12:50 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 286 Total Views
i just found this on another christian group...

Just got done reading "The Seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit".  I know that you all know these things, but I need reminders every once in awhile (not what I was given, but how to use it).
The Gift of Wisdom
The Gift of Understanding
The Gift of Counsel
The Gift of Fortitude
The Gift of Knowledge
The Gift of Piety
The Gift of Fear of the Lord
I need to start applying some of thes.  God is Good.

OK WAIT A MINUTE!!! how is God good, but also something to fear????? that's one thing i can't stand about some beliefs... to me it's one or the other... your feelings?? and let's not get nasty... just state your belief and why you feel that way!
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
happyjan73
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 1:31 PM

I have never understood the whole fear God thing, I don’t understand what that means, is it suppose to mean that  you must fear God if you don’t do what the Bible says? Because if it means that than I don’t get it because it also says God is a forgiving God and at my church they teach us that everyone screws up at times but that’s ok because God loves you no matter what. I think that contradicts itself. All I know is the God I know is NOTHING to fear no matter what.   J

Emily_Anne
by Member on Jun. 20, 2007 at 1:54 PM
I'm not afraid of my god. That type of god would not be good for me. I trust my god, I love my god, I admire my god, I appreciate my god, and I talk to my god. (it is hard sometimes for some of them though!!)
I do expect that god is a personal god...whatever works type of god. (I don't have an answer for those who do bad things "in the name of _____" though...I'm still struggling with that one.) So if a scarey god is what you need, a scarey god is what you'll get. I need a very natural god. :-)  We got married on a golf course...my feeling was "where else can you get closer to god than in his own creation?" (um...NATURE, not GOLF COURSES...but then my husband may have to disagree...hahahaha) 
cleanaturalady
by on Sep. 3, 2007 at 5:11 PM
The kind of fear that is usually spoke of si, to me, more of an Old Testament thing. Jesus does talk about fearing God in Luke, when he is talking to His disciples about the Pharisees, the Jewish leaders of the day who were telling everyone that they should fear them, since they were they ones who made all the laws and rules, Jesus told them only to fear god because God was the ultimate judge and the giver of eternal life, not the Pharisees. I don't think it's the same kind of fear that we think of as being scared or afraid, but just a reminder that only God can judge us purely, so we shouldn't fear people.
Does that make any sense? It did in my head!!

Have a Blessed Day

ShutterbugMama
by on Sep. 5, 2007 at 9:12 AM
Fear Him?  lol  Whats to fear?  He is a loving Father who wants nothing more than for us to LEARN.  We dont learn when lead by an iron fist; we learn by using our free thinking heads, trial and error, while He gently picks us up (Im sure he sometimes even laughs at me as He does this; he has a narley sense of humor!!).  I never did get the FEAR deal, but to each their own.  My relationship with Him just isnt that way. 

Elle

There is always time for a little fun...

mtm3girls
by on Oct. 30, 2007 at 9:06 PM

It was always explained to me that the FEAR of God is not that you are scared of him, it is the fact of not wanting to disappoint him and let him down. That is what the fear of God means. Like your own Father, I would never want to disappoint him, or let him down, that is how I explain that to others.

Deborah Wooten
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)