Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

children and the rapture...

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 3:33 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 276 Total Views
ok help me out here ladies... is this something you believe?? i feel it's going extremely overboard and wow... i'm just in shock... what are you opinions? ps... yet again i got this off of a christian group...

""I know many people believe different things regarding the rapture, well I was witnessing to a friend of mine, and to make a long story short~~  I told her about the rapture and if it happens before the 3 1/2 years of hell, that at one point she will be asked if she believes in Jesus Christ and if she says yes, they will kill her children in front of her (this is what I have been told)  I apolized for telling her that, because I honestly am not sure about that.  What I want to know, is if children are taken in the rapture then why will there still be children here during the tribulation?  Is it just the children who are born during that time? or will children whoose parents live in sin be stuck here with them?  I know some of these are impossible questions but I thought maybe someone knew if the bible says anything about it and where it would say....""
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Emily_Anne
by Member on Jun. 21, 2007 at 9:41 AM

I really hope this is a friendly group...
I believe that the Bible is intended to assist people the way that they need and will accept. I believe that the fact that it was written so long ago, it was written for the folks of long ago. And I think that the language was used to make an impact on those who were living in that era. What the world is going through right now would probably have been WAY TOO off the wall for the people of long ago to even believe. Instead, they believed they types of things written in Revelations.  Revelations just reminds me of the "Old Testament God" as I have heard people refer to.
...SO...I don't really believe that the Bible is a bunch of true stories. I think it was perfectly written for the people it was written for.  
**this is NOT what my church believes as a whole. But I have found many like-minded people in my church**

Ok, so I could be totally screwed in the end.  But it's just MHO. And I am totally open to listen to others' points of view.

...ok, now I re-read the initial passage...
IF I were to believe in the Rapture, I do not think that children would be left. But maybe her children are grown? That would still be hell to see your adult children killed.

CarlynCoen
by Group Owner on Jun. 21, 2007 at 11:34 AM

Quoting Emily_Anne:

I really hope this is a friendly group...
I believe that the Bible is intended to assist people the way that they need and will accept. I believe that the fact that it was written so long ago, it was written for the folks of long ago. And I think that the language was used to make an impact on those who were living in that era. What the world is going through right now would probably have been WAY TOO off the wall for the people of long ago to even believe. Instead, they believed they types of things written in Revelations.  Revelations just reminds me of the "Old Testament God" as I have heard people refer to.
...SO...I don't really believe that the Bible is a bunch of true stories. I think it was perfectly written for the people it was written for.  
**this is NOT what my church believes as a whole. But I have found many like-minded people in my church**

Ok, so I could be totally screwed in the end.  But it's just MHO. And I am totally open to listen to others' points of view.

...ok, now I re-read the initial passage...
IF I were to believe in the Rapture, I do not think that children would be left. But maybe her children are grown? That would still be hell to see your adult children killed.

i definately hope that me believing in Christ doesn't mean the fate of my children is murder right in front of me... hahaha that seems a little drastic... my own opinion... i hope that my decisions in life and religion don't affect my childrens life or death at the end of time...
Emily_Anne
by Member on Jun. 21, 2007 at 12:40 PM
Yeah, that doesn't make sense to me either.
mtm3girls
by on Oct. 30, 2007 at 9:19 PM

I thought that children under the age of 12 Jesus automatically took them with him to Heaven when the rapture came, all children over that age are old enough to really understand what being a Christian is and if they are not saved then they have to live with that through the rapture.

Deborah Wooten
Christi_n_Elli
by on Oct. 30, 2007 at 9:28 PM
*I* believe that when it comes to the children it all has to do with weather they have reached the age of accountability (when they understand what sin is, and can choose for themselves whether they want to accept Christ as their own savior), the children who have NOT reached that age (it's different for each child) will be taken to heaven in the rapture with the christians, the children who HAVE reached their age of accountibility, and have chosen NOT to accept Christ, or have put it off, will be left back to go through the tribulation, if they have accepted, and their parents have not, they will go and their parents will stay.
I also believe that women who are pregnant, their babies will be taken in the rapture also.

I think the babies that are born during the 7 year tribulation will of course stay, and be here on earth until Christ comes back for the people who were saved during the tribulation.

for me, I understood and accepted Christ at age 5, but my brother didn't fully understand and accept till he was 7, and there are those children who have mental handicaps who I believe will never reach the age of accountibility, and they will all be taken with the rapture.

that's my opinion though.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)