Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Workplace VENTS!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2010 at 10:47 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 357 Total Views

I thought it would be a good idea to start a post dedicated to venting about work. Anything you need to vent about work post it here!

Did you or are you working full time, juggling kids, a career and who knows what else? If so click on the picture to share your stories!

by on Mar. 2, 2010 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
cynderellamom
by New Member on Jun. 9, 2010 at 9:29 AM

good idea. I have thought about making a group just for venting about work.  So my vent is I work in an office.  I have worked here for 5 yrs.  I'm not from the town and it is small.   I work with 7 other secretaries.  out of the 8 of us there are 4 women who are real trouble makers!  one time one of them followed me down the hallway and told me she could win if we ever got into a fight.  i told our boss and she still works here.  go figure!  the other is a big town gossiper.  she started working her full time last year and she is a huge back stabber.  she started a rumor last year that our boss was having an affair with a pretty woman in town.  then tried to blame the rumor on me!  she has a job here now.  well those two in particular that i mentioned dont work hard, do more gossiping than anything.  very unprofessional and insecure with themselves and their home lifes.  in turn makes everyone around them half way miserable because they are so fake.  one of them sits 3 feet away from me and is so annoying!  everyone says she is an alchoholic!  one time my friend at work, her husband saw this woman driving down the road with a beer in her hand on her lunch break.  he flipped a U turn and pulled up next to her.  the woman pleaded with him "please dont tell your wife!" LOL so the other thing that makes it very obivous that she is either trying to drive me nuts or she is just nuts is her singing at her desk (she cant sing!) tapping her feet constantly, laughing loud, being unprofessional, not answering the phone when im busy (we all have phones at our desks that ring when someone from the outside is calling), these woman think it isnt their job to answer it.  So i have changed things...I try my hardest to answer each and every call that comes in so that people calling know who is answering the phone (i say my name) and then the woman around here start thinking "hmmm now she is answering allt he calls, thats not fair" a little reverse physcology goes a long way with these dumb chicks!  right now I know for a fact that me typing 90 words a minute is pissing the woman next to me off!  she can't type for sh.t!  so she is ruffling through papers, banging her big fake ring against her desk and has some lame a.s music playing very quietly.  im about to turn on pandora.com and turn my music up!  but first let me answer this phone call and continue typing 90+ words a minute!  LOL its so sad that women are jealous.  yes im not from this small town, yes im beautiful, yes im buying a house, yes i have a wonderful family!  yes im happy within myself and it shows on the outside.  LOL now she is trying to type too.  good luck lady!  you better go home and practice!  she likes to tap as fast as i type...lol thats funny....me and my friend at work always say these women just need a good lay!  laughing

BawssMommy08
by New Member on Jun. 9, 2010 at 2:27 PM

My boss likes to change his mind every 3 months or so. It is usually over stupid stuff like I have the employees punch in and the time clock rounds it to the nearest 15min. This helps avoid my staff from racaking up 1-2 hours of OT a week if the punch in 5 min early and leave 5 min late every day. THAT was making him mad so we agreed to round. Today I get an e-mail from him stating he doesn't understand how everyone can punch in at the same time everyday and he wants to see their actual punches. UGH. Now it is only a matter of time before he goes back to complaining everyone is getting OT. Also, I manage a hotel and am on call 24/7. If an employee doesn;t show up at midnight guess who gets to go in? I always thought opne of the advantages of this was having the ability to pick which days off I needed each week based on the hotel staff and guest needs. My boss does not agree. He expects me to be able to run the hotel in a 9-5 job and will not allow me to make up time if I choose to take a day off durning the week. TOTAL BS. HOw am I supposed to do my job properly if you will not allow me to be there when the hotel needs me to be there instead of when HE feels I should be there!!! He does not live in town, he has NO idea what it takes to keep this place running as smoothly as it does. UGH! I am sure you will hear more from me later.

Momyplease
by Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:19 PM

BawssMommy08

I think we have the same boss. OT been a huge event in our place . The same bs games. I swear my boss is delusional or have memory  problems because he changing his own rules every month. And do not remember what was the past month changes. He walking around with a voice recorder..and when you say to him hey  you changed this and it's coming from you. He denies it..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)