Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

did u have this happen to u

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2010 at 11:28 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 224 Total Views
1 mom liked this

i dont understand it.. after i had my dd i lost 22 lbs.. i went back to work and gained it all back. it really pisses me off b/c ive been tring to loose weight for so long.. i dont know if it was the stress or what.. i just wanted to ask  if any of you had had this happen to you? what did u do to fix it?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 8, 2010 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
oboe_chik
by Group Owner on Apr. 9, 2010 at 10:08 AM

LOL yep when I started this job in oct I gained about 15 lbs. It was because I sat at my desk and ate all day lmao. I told my boss to quit buying chips and candy and start buying apples and granola bars lol. It has worked so far.

Did you or are you working full time, juggling kids, a career and who knows what else? If so click on the picture to share your stories!

SwimmerMom87
by New Member on May. 5, 2010 at 9:00 PM

I am going through this right now I barely lost any weight and for me it use to be easy to lose the weight but now I cant lose any :( I don't know what to do I cut back on my eating and try to eat healthier and do work out videos three times a week. (I wish I could do more) but I have alot going on right now...

marshsmom
by Group Admin on May. 6, 2010 at 11:00 AM

I am actually on day 3 of the 30 Day Shred (Jillian Michaels).  I've never had problems with maintaining a healthy weight before, but since I had my son 2 years ago I've gone back and forth.  On February 23 I quit smoking cold turkey after 20+ years of smoking.  You can guess that my weight has been on an upward rise.  I didn't worry too much with it at first, I just focused on staying strong to wuit smoking.  I feel like I have a handle on that now, so it's time to start watching my weight.  I've been eating fruit for breakfast, a healthy lunch (usually a turkey sandwich or a salad) and I've always made healthy dinners for my husband and son.  We eat a lot of chicken and steamed veggies.  I put a basket of healthy snacks out and I keep it full of fruit and whole wheat crackers, things like that.  At work I eliminated munching at my desk completely.  If I want to snack I get an apple and I eat it away from my desk.  I took measurements and my weight when I started the Shred, I'll let you guys know how things work out.  My first weigh in will be Wednesday, wish me luck.  My body is so sore I don't know how this can't be working :)

kathreensmommy
by on May. 21, 2010 at 8:56 PM

I was that way when I went to work at the Prison, I was use to being on my feet all day as a courtesy clerk at Albertson's then when I went to work at the prison I got a desk job and gained it all plus some back!!! I never really fixed it because right now I'm 26weeks prego and I've lost 15 lsb and have only gained 12 of it back. So I guess I'm not sure how to fix it.

Momyplease
by Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Ohh stress can do some strange things to your body. yes that happened to me as well. But now I got back on my track diet and lost 35 lbs. I learned to gave stress away and picked up better habits.Good luck sweetheart. You can do it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)