Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to go home!

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2010 at 12:04 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 264 Total Views

I had a week long vacation last week.  I didn't really do anything or go anywhere.  I just stayed home with my most favorite person in the world, my son.  We did lots of work in the garden, went shopping , went to the zoo.  Friday his Daddy was off and we went to Pensacola Beach for a couple of days.  I think that life is backwards.  We should be born in retirement when we are young and still able to enjoy life, then when we get old and the kids are grown and off on their own we should begin our careers...Such is life, the reality is I'm back at work and after being off for a week I'm entitled to whine a little, huh?  Thanks for reading.  Here's a picture of my happy little dinosaur at the zoo last week (sorry for the quality-cell phone pic):

by on Apr. 28, 2010 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
oboe_chik
by Group Owner on Apr. 28, 2010 at 2:04 PM

Man I want a vacation lol. Were thinking maybe christmas going to visit my BIL and SIL but that means paying for passports for 4 people. Yeah probably not gonna happen lol.

Did you or are you working full time, juggling kids, a career and who knows what else? If so click on the picture to share your stories!

marshsmom
by Group Admin on Apr. 28, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Passports?  Where do your ILs live?  My husband has a cousin and his wife who live in Brazil, they are begging us to come, and we are really trying.  A trip like that just isn't worth it unless we could stay at least 10 days.  I want to just go and not come back! LOL

oboe_chik
by Group Owner on Apr. 28, 2010 at 3:06 PM

My SIL BIL and their 5 kids (well 8 really long story there) live in the United Arab Emirates.

Quoting marshsmom:

Passports?  Where do your ILs live?  My husband has a cousin and his wife who live in Brazil, they are begging us to come, and we are really trying.  A trip like that just isn't worth it unless we could stay at least 10 days.  I want to just go and not come back! LOL

Did you or are you working full time, juggling kids, a career and who knows what else? If so click on the picture to share your stories!

MariaLynnTN
by New Member on Apr. 30, 2010 at 8:58 AM

awwww.. he's very cute and what a smile!

~Maria

marshsmom
by Group Admin on Apr. 30, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Thank you!  I'm so glad it's Friday and I can spend the weekend with that little smile :)

Quoting MariaLynnTN:

awwww.. he's very cute and what a smile!

~Maria

Momyplease
by Member on May. 1, 2010 at 8:40 PM

YOu know i just had my week vacation and I did the same as you did . stayed home gone to the zoo. Stayed home and such i loved it so much. I hated to go back to work.

marshsmom
by Group Admin on May. 1, 2010 at 9:44 PM

It's the best way to vacation! 

Quoting Momyplease:

YOu know i just had my week vacation and I did the same as you did . stayed home gone to the zoo. Stayed home and such i loved it so much. I hated to go back to work.

kathreensmommy
by on May. 21, 2010 at 9:03 PM

it sucks because I can't get on here from work..well i've never tried corporate my be watching! LOL but I know exaclty how you feel for our Anniversary every year we take two weeks off the week of and the week after our anniversary so that we can just chill with the family! I absolutely hate going back to work.

Momyplease
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:56 AM
I feel you I was off for 2 weeks and I hated to go back to work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)