Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinnertime

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 5:08 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 274 Total Views

How do you ladies do dinner?

By the time I get home it's 6:30pm and I hate having to rush everything and everybody!

by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
oboe_chik
by Group Owner on Jul. 27, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Im lucky in the fact that if DH isn't working OT he doesn't go to work at noon at the earliest, 2:30 at the latest so he helps me out a lot. He does most of the cleaning, laundry, and starts dinner (in the crockpot, gets ingridents together or if he can partially cook something so I can just reheat it hedoes). Most of the meals I cook myself are quick 30 min meals that don't take much to make. I do a lot of cooking on the weekends. I so want to get one of thoes ovens you can set to start cooking at a certain time and shut off at a certain time lol.

Did you or are you working full time, juggling kids, a career and who knows what else? If so click on the picture to share your stories!

maybaby22
by Group Admin on Jul. 27, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Try to plan things ahead or have quick items on hand. I do a lot of chicken or casseroles. If DH is home we bbq

imagineif
by New Member on Aug. 10, 2010 at 11:30 AM

This is a great question...I was wondering the same, I usually do Pasta with Sauce (really quick) or thin Chicken breast baked or breaded. Hamburger helper wtih Ground Beef (which I hate) Chicken Quesadilla's in the foreman grill. Uggh I hate cooking its such a problem!!

PatriotsFan12
by New Member on Feb. 20, 2012 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I get off of work at 4 so I have plenty of time to get dinner done.  Have you thought about freezing meals ahead of time or using a crockpot?

Momyplease
by Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I usually cheat. I take one  day and prepare all the ingredients that I will need for the week. And When I get home from work I just putt them together for the illusion of cooking together with my boy.He loves cooking and this way its faster and I know what is in the fridge and what will be on the table. Saves time and energy.

Momyplease
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:52 AM
I cook for a week on the weekend. because I don't get home with my boy sometimes until 7:30' so I just microwave it and we ready to eat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momyplease
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Love it good on you

Quoting Momyplease:

I usually cheat. I take one  day and prepare all the ingredients that I will need for the week. And When I get home from work I just putt them together for the illusion of cooking together with my boy.He loves cooking and this way its faster and I know what is in the fridge and what will be on the table. Saves time and energy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)