Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I MISS MY BABY

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2011 at 5:33 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 224 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I've been back to work for almost 6 weeks now and leaving her everyday has not gotten any easier. Even when I'm home I end up having so much stuff to do that I rarely get to play with her or have any alone time. I feel like I'm going to miss out on so much of her development because I have to work all the time. It would break my heart heart if I'm not the first to see her lil teeth start coming in, or the first time she sits up, or starts crawling or walking. And if her first word is anyone else besides mama I'd be sick. SO told me this morning that she I held her through the night which I hadnt even noticed. Now this weekend is a bunch of my old college friends party for Capricorns (which includes me) and I was all set to go but then I keep thinking about being away from her when I don't absolutely need to be and its eating me up inside. Is it crazy that I'm the one with the separation anxiety?

crying

by on Jan. 7, 2011 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
oboe_chik
by Group Owner on Jan. 7, 2011 at 6:19 PM

No you aren't mama. I was the same way. I was in school when both mine were little. You just have to prioritize. The laundry and dishes can wait. A few crumbs on the floor don't matter. Spend as much time with the little one as you can. They don't stay little forever.

Did you or are you working full time, juggling kids, a career and who knows what else? If so click on the picture to share your stories!

ReaOfSunshine
by New Member on Jan. 7, 2011 at 7:43 PM

I try but SO is not big on cleaning. So if I don't straighten up its like I'm living in filth and then if I have to cook I have to clean the kitchen first because if I dont do it everything from the last time I cooked stays excatly where it is. Its so aggravating at times I dont know what to do.

Momyplease
by Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Yes that is my  problem also .I do not go out with out him. My friends been asking me to go hang out with them once in a while but I just can't. The guiot eats me up knowing that he is missing mommy at home while i live it up with the girls.And I miss all the quality time. So I  just don't go out and stay by him and have fun with him. Lot of people tell me that its wrong because we hard working mothers need a fun time to keep our  right minds together. And I agree..I just can't do it. If you find a solution be sure to let me know.. hugs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)