Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

school systems

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:37 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 447 Total Views

I really like that they allow the military to choose which school district their children will attend. Of course my younger kids will go to the elementary school on post, but do any of you know anything about the junior highs in Enterprise? I'm trying to figure out which one to send my teens to next month. Thanks!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sille76
by Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Dauphin is the better junior high.  My husband went to school here and it's the more "high class" of the 2 junior highs. 

The best elementary schools are Hillcrest and Holly Hill from what I've heard.  My boys will be in Hillcrest if we are still here next year.  Right now my oldest is at the kindergarten... yes, one huge brand new school JUST for kindergarten!  It's very nice though.

KimR113
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:25 PM

Thanks so much for the info, Cara! I really appreciate it. I really was confused because it seems like Dauphin doesn't seem to have as many clubs, etc. We plan on visiting both schools once we arrive.

sille76
by Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 5:19 PM

My husband went to "Old Junior" and says Dauphin was the way better school.  More low income at Old and more fights and "problem" kids as he put it.

KimR113
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 7:06 PM

Quoting sille76:

My husband went to "Old Junior" and says Dauphin was the way better school.  More low income at Old and more fights and "problem" kids as he put it.

Well, that rules out "Old Junior" for me. Dauphin it is!

KimR113
by on Feb. 16, 2011 at 6:39 PM

I talked to the school liasion today and he told me that kids who live on post are zoned for "Old Junior." I asked if transfers were allowed if my kids had problems at the school and he said yes. I guess we'll have to see what happens.

sille76
by Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:38 AM

Hmmm... I didn't know that.  Good luck and hopefully it won't be too bad.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)