Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Right guy, wroooong time!

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 472 Total Views

I absolutely adore my man. He is everything I could ever ask for as a friend, lover, and partner in parenting. We just found out that we are pregnant despite DILIGENT use of birth control and it's safe to say we are both totally overwhelmed. He is an Iraq war veteran and approaches life with a can-do philosophy that is admirable and amazing, but I am worried about him. Neither one of us has the financial stability to raise a child (I am a server/bartender he is a kitchen manager). Aside from that I am only 23 years old and just now figuring out my goals and ambitions.... I did not think kids would ever really be a part of my future. He is so busy worrying about me (I am ten years younger) that I fear he is going to end up feeling like he has to fix it all alone for my sake. We have taken two at home tests but I don't want to tell my family until our doctor's appointment in three weeks. My morning sickness and nausea are terrible, I don't know when to notify my employers, and I don't know how to eat/act in a way that's right for Junior (what my boyfriend refers to him/her as). I am trying to handle things one day at a time but almost had a meltdown at work tonight after our chef handed me a spare piece of RARE tuna (one of my favorites) and ate it, forgetting that raw fish is no good for a bun in the oven! Any and all advice would be gladly accepted and just for the record I am so grateful that googling "oh sh*t I'm pregnant" brought me to this wonderful community of women!! 

by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)