Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Son who is about 20lbs overweight..and yet the doctors wont help

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 8:54 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 250 Total Views
Hi!
I'm Karen and my son is about 20lbs overweight and the doctors keep telling me that he needs to loose weight but wont help me with a diet.

i'm at my wits end....does anyone have any ideas?
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
flutterby78
by Group Owner on Jun. 21, 2007 at 2:11 PM
You know i am in the same boat as you are. I have talked to my Daughters doc about it also and he just keeps telling me that she is short but he weight is becoming a real problem. don't give up their is help for us,we just gotta find it.
momteen1
by New Member on Jun. 21, 2007 at 4:45 PM
Hi,
I am in the same boat my son is 14 now but he started having problems with weight around 8yr. My doctor told me don't worry make him play more and no junk food. Well that was no help. Well here we are six years later and it is more of a problem.  We have tried baseball, soccer. I went to the book store and bought a book it was helpfull it gave you recipes and ideas on how to motivate your child.  But that to was a struggle to keep doing.  My son was still hungry. What do you do when your child is crying that he is hungry and he has already used all of the calories of the day. Then he would get headaches.  We don't eat junk food. But he doesn't like fruit or salad. He likes bread and meat.
We even join the YMCA but they would not let him in the weight room because of his age. There are so many people out there saying we have to many over weight kids. But, until they have a over weight child they do not understand. That parents can't  follow there kids around making them play and run when they don't want to and they are hungry. It is easy for people to sit back and say do this or that but until they have a child with a weight problem they can not understand. I am so frustrated I wish there was a appetite suppressant for kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)