Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what formula do you use and how do you like it? piog

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:57 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 328 Total Views

I will be using Similac because it is what our wic office provides. But I have never used it in the past. I have used emfamil soy and lactose free in the past for my babies, and I loved it. What will you be using or have used and how did you like it?

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
by Group Owner on Mar. 7, 2010 at 9:21 AM

With our first we Enfamil w/ Iron.  At close to 12 months we switched him to cow's milk.  In October 2008 we switched him to soy milk.  Which is wonderful!  So now I know when his grandma uses cows milk with him, the diapers give it away!
With our second we started him on Enfamil w/ Iron but it was clearly effecting him and not in a good way so we switched the Enfamily Gentlease.  He sucked it down with no problem but we quickly noticed an increased weight gain and he was ALWAYS hungry so we switched him again.  Finally we used Enfamil A.R. Lipil.  He took it well and we were done switching around, Yay!!  Once he hit 11 months old we stopped formula completely and he has been drinking soy milk.
With our next little one the plan is to use Earth's Best Organic Soy Formula.  After tons of research, we feel this is the best choice for our baby.  I doubt the hospital is going to supply this formula so we'll need to figure out what to do about that, but I'm sure we'll do fine.

by Member on Mar. 7, 2010 at 9:31 AM

With my last, we used Enfamil with Iron but switch fairly quickly to Gentlease because of some fussiness which she stayed on until she was a year old.  Then we used a step two in combo with milk for a while because she just wasn't eating enough.  Oh and after a few months we were using the parent's choice version.  So much cheaper and the exact same thing.

With the new one, I will probably start with enfamil and switch if necessary.

by Member on Mar. 24, 2010 at 4:51 PM

We use Similac Isomil (soy) formula with our daughter. We started out using Similac Early Shield but it was constipating to her so we switched to Enfamil Lipil. It did the opposite and she had loose stools and painful gas/stomach cramps. The soy has been a God-send but she still gets constipated on ocassion. When this happens, we give her pedialyte and white grape juice and she's fine. I am not sure if the soy formula is to blame or if it's just her system. We are definitely pleased with the Isomil overall!

by on Mar. 25, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Hello! I use the Nestle Goodstart Gentle Plus liquid. My daughter was started on Enfamil but she was so fussy that we had to switch, and she had terrible gas too. I am happy with our formula except that it is a bit pricey, wish there was a comprable off brand.

by Member on Mar. 28, 2010 at 11:05 PM

I used Enfamil Gentlease since 6 months. He was on Enfamil ProSobee for awhile but was very constipated. He was on Similac Early Shield in the hospital the Sensitive. Enfamil was the best choice for him. He could not tolerate any similac formulas. No problems with switching formula as an infant just one happy baby on Gentlease. Now he's on Enfamil Enfagrow Gentlease which he likes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)