Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Zumba Sentao

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2011 at 1:13 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 4268 Total Views

Has anyone with the Exhilarate DVDs tried the Sentao workout? What do you think?

I finally did the Sentao workout after a month of doing just the first half of the toning workout. I was a little apprehensive since it requires a chair and adding an uncoordinated person like me into the mix usually equals disaster, lol! However, I surprised myself!

Once I got into the rhythm of things, incorporating the chair into the workout was quite easy. I will say that Sentao takes a bit more room than the first toning workout, but I made do. I really liked the Swing portion of it; really fun and it actually put a smile on my face as I did it! And the cool-down was so effective and relaxing!

By the end of it, I was drenched! My heart rated monitor said that the entire workout (Toning & Sentao) made me burn a little over 650 calories! WOW! I think I've found a new favorite workout!

Hope everyine is doing well! Keep on Zumba-ing! ^_^

by on Jun. 23, 2011 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
AnitaVacation
by Head Admin on Jun. 24, 2011 at 3:38 PM

I've been afraid to try it because of my back, but my recovery is progressing so perhaps I'll try it this weekend!  It looks amazing and I already want to get licensed to teach it!  Great job on the calorie burn.  Do not do this every day, toning and Sentao should only be done a few times a week with at least a day between sessions

notmollymom
by Member on Jun. 25, 2011 at 2:41 PM
Quoting AnitaVacation:

I've been afraid to try it because of my back, but my recovery is progressing so perhaps I'll try it this weekend!  It looks amazing and I already want to get licensed to teach it!  Great job on the calorie burn.  Do not do this every day, toning and Sentao should only be done a few times a week with at least a day between sessions

Let me know what you think if and when you do it; I haven't heard anything about Sentao from anyone. :-)

I just added Sentao to Toning, which I've been doing on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. The rest of the days I've been doing the Exhilarate routine, which leaves me just as drenched!

I am so loving Zumba! ^_^
AnitaVacation
by Head Admin on Jun. 27, 2011 at 7:25 AM

:(  I did not get a chance to try it.  My back was pretty sore all weekend, not good since I have less than a month to go before my wedding and 2 porches that need scrubbed & painted & a guest room to clean before guests arrive.   I want to try it very soon though, will let you know once I do

Fran72
by Head Admin on Jun. 27, 2011 at 11:04 AM

I love Sentao!  I too was worried about tripping over the chair...LOL!  Once you get the routine down it's supper!  I have not done any zumba in a few weeks now.....due to headache issues but can't wait to get back into the groove!  Great calorie burn btw!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)