• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Zumbathon for breast cancer

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:46 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 295 Total Views

There are other zumbathons going on as well also for a cure for breast cancer.  click on link below to find or host one in your area.

http://www.zumba.com/partyinpink

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnitaVacation
by Head Admin on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:46 PM

great post Fran! 

emtgirl885
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 2:36 AM

Thanks!

AnitaVacation
by Head Admin on Aug. 21, 2011 at 11:22 AM

Sooo....we got there around 1:30, stood in line to register about an hour - got some great spots fairly close to the stage.  Stood there about 2 more hours and a major thunderstorm came in - we went and sat in a bar for another hour until it let up.  We got to meet David Topel, Zumba's Community Manager, what a NICE guy and DJ Frances - total cutie!!  We got back out on the street and waited and waited - then Beto came out to announce that the event was cancelled because another storm was coming in.  They gave ALL the proceeds to the Susan G Koman foundation and Beto is checking his scedule to reschedule another Master Class in Pgh at no charge to those of us who attended.

Fran72
by Head Admin on Aug. 22, 2011 at 7:44 AM

Anita.....that stinks but is awesome at the same time.  Sorry to hear that the storm ruined the zumbathon.  Hope Beto can reschedule soon :)

coridunn
by Member on Sep. 28, 2011 at 7:19 AM

If you are not a licensed instructor you can't host a "Zumbathon" sanctioned by Zumba.

godsgirl26
by Member on Oct. 3, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Yes, I'm going... my instructor is Hosting one at our gym,

godsgirl26
by Member on Oct. 15, 2011 at 11:18 PM

I went to Ours today.. and i must say im very disspointed.. they said come in 70's gear so i went all out with my Afro, big loop earring,high boots LOL. and everyone was wearing stpid Tye dye crap Ughhhhh..i felt dumb.

butterflymeme
by on Oct. 17, 2011 at 10:09 PM

We have got to meet DJ Francis and some of our girls have had their pics taken with him including our youngest back in March she was 7 and was pulled up on stage by Marci Gill to personally dance with her. ONLY we call DJ Francis, DJ 6 pack you should see him with his shirt off.

Quoting AnitaVacation:

Sooo....we got there around 1:30, stood in line to register about an hour - got some great spots fairly close to the stage.  Stood there about 2 more hours and a major thunderstorm came in - we went and sat in a bar for another hour until it let up.  We got to meet David Topel, Zumba's Community Manager, what a NICE guy and DJ Frances - total cutie!!  We got back out on the street and waited and waited - then Beto came out to announce that the event was cancelled because another storm was coming in.  They gave ALL the proceeds to the Susan G Koman foundation and Beto is checking his scedule to reschedule another Master Class in Pgh at no charge to those of us who attended.

AnitaVacation
by Head Admin on Oct. 21, 2011 at 3:31 PM

Quoting butterflymeme:

We have got to meet DJ Francis and some of our girls have had their pics taken with him including our youngest back in March she was 7 and was pulled up on stage by Marci Gill to personally dance with her. ONLY we call DJ Francis, DJ 6 pack you should see him with his shirt off.

Quoting AnitaVacation:

Oh ya, he's HOT!!!  How cool that your daughter got to dance w/ Marci!!!!

Zumbajear
by New Member on Nov. 15, 2011 at 12:37 PM

Quoting coridunn:

If you are not a licensed instructor you can't host a "Zumbathon" sanctioned by Zumba.

LOL!  So very, very true.  Zumba Fitness "Legal Compliance" will swoop down on you like THUNDER!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)