Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not going back to this class :(

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 11:47 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 331 Total Views
So I initially joined this class because it was super close to home and price was so good! Now, I'm just a little irritated and disappointed.

Before Christmas, I received an email from the instructor saying she was making changes. For one, she raised the prices and changed the expiration dates on the cards. So now, your card expires much sooner that before. Ugh! I no longer like! Sucks.
by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mom2Eden
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Well we have to put expiration dates on them or people hang onto them forever.  At first I put NO expiration date on mine, now my peeps have 6 months to use them.  Most don't take nearly that long to use a 10 class card.  But yes I still have some people who still have cards from 2 years ago, crazy.  

What is her new expiration date policy?  

MichelleMc
by on Jan. 23, 2012 at 5:49 PM

I agree I would put an expiration date, but reasonable ones.

The price change is rough, I understand that.

I go alot so I can't have prices go up, I need a way to save, LOL. I go to the same instructor. She uses a punch card for some of the places, and then the ones at the gym, they have an unlimited class package, so I get that.

661_Mom
by Member on Jan. 30, 2012 at 10:05 PM
No no, I'm all for the expiration dates and totally understand why those are needed but it's the fact that her policy changed and now cards expire sooner than before. Sometimes kids get sick, I get sick, go out of town, get my period and don't go for 5 days! Things happen. So all in all, cards expire quicker plus I'm paying more? Not reasonable for me. I'm thinking of joining the gym for their classes now.
AnitaVacation
by Head Admin on Feb. 6, 2012 at 10:36 AM

I had to change my pricing in one area, just to cover my expenses.  It wasn't extreme and everyone seemed ok with it.  As far as the expiration dates...in my opinion, you have to honor what you sell it as.  It wouldn't fly if you bought an appliance with a 5 yr warantee and the mfr called you a month later and told you they decided it was only good for a year.  Poor business decision on her part (IMO)

butterflymeme
by Member on Mar. 24, 2012 at 4:05 PM

We do not have expiration dates on our punch cards because we understand that things happen. But we also offer an unlimited monthly pass that lets the person get in as many of our normal classes that they can in that month. Our instructor is not in it for the $ so the unlimited passes sell for less than 1/2 of what a month would cost if they paid class to class.

*(when I say our, I am in partenership with the instructor and run everything except teaching)

Meshane
by Member on Mar. 29, 2012 at 6:39 PM

PLEASE don't let these things discourage you from going, if possible.

AnitaVacation
by Head Admin on Apr. 2, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Is there another class near you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)