Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need a little help

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:35 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 236 Total Views

Hey everybody. My husband and I are ttc our first baby. I am trying to loose some weight so that our fertility doctor will let me get the ivf procedure done. Right now, I am 231. My hubby got me zumba for wii for Christmas. I love doing it. I have lost a few pounds with it. The help that I need is knowing how to increase my results. Any help would be appreciated--on how often to do it (i have been doing the 45 min intermediate class), what and how much to eat. Thank you in advance for any help.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
alyboo
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Try using weights, like in the zumba toning videos, I use 1 lbs, portion control and alternate routines so your body doesn't get use to the same movements..if you can't use weights with the wii zumba workout, try a streghth training workout dvd using a resistance band. I'm also ttc.

Mom2Eden
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 6:56 AM

Incorporate healthy eating, do cardio at least 3 times a week and some sort of strength training 3 times per week.  If you want a healthy meal suggestions go to sparkpeople.com and check out that site.  It should give a you a calorie count you are aiming for.  Eat at least 3 meals per day, and snacks in between meals every 3 hours, but healthy snacks such as a piece of fruit, 12 almonds, some yogurt, string cheese etc.  

AnitaVacation
by Head Admin on Feb. 10, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Once you are comfortable with the moves and routines, start thinking about it and adding more to the moves....concentrate on contracting your abs, take your squats lower, put a little more intensity into your moves, maybe adding a hop or jump where appropriate, moves like destroza-take wider and lower...I hope this makes sense since you are just beginning.  As far as what to eat to lose, talk to your doctor.  I recently met with a dietician and found out I wasn't eating enough to actually lose weight because my body was holding onto the fat to compensate. 

I'm excited to check out sparkpeople.com, thanks for sharing!

Mom2Eden
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Yes yes I must add I'm not a doc or dietician, I just shared what works for me.  And I've lost a lot.  Went from 263 to 160.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)