Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i would love to try but im afraid i'll be left behind!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:24 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 337 Total Views
Being a beginner. And heavy set to me anyways. Everybody says im fine but ive always been 116 before i had kids now im 178 after two kids. But i would love to find a class close to irving texas. But as a beginner i feel im going to be laughed at. So im worried.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MichelleMc
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I was 206 when I started. I have lost 60 pounds, but, honestly, people aren't there to look at you. They are looking at the instructor. No one will laugh. Now I am one that is watched for moves, one of the "Front Row Girls" for Instructor, but when I started, I was LOST! LOL. Had no clue, etc. Don't worry, you will be just fine. We have people 250 plus down to like 120. All ages, ranges, sizes & abilities! :)

Mom2Eden
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 6:54 AM

You will not be laughed at.  Everyone is there for the exact reason.  And just do what you can, you don't have to get all the moves the first time.  The first time I went to a class I was horrible!  Now I've been teaching for over 2 years.  

AnitaVacation
by Head Admin on Feb. 10, 2012 at 9:13 AM
3 moms liked this

I have been an instructor since 2009 and have never seen anyone laughed at in a class unless we are all laughing together over something silly!  You are my favorite kind of student, someone who comes in uneasy...I love seeing them progress, build confidence and lose weight.

Go to the class, have fun and do not worry about anyone around you.  Do it at a pace that you are comfortable with and build from it as you progress.  If it's too confusing to do both legs and arms at the same time, just do one, then eventually add the other.  As Mc posted above, all eyes are on the instructor.   The only exception is that I have a few students who take it upon themselves to help the new girls.  Do not be afraid to ask your instructor for help with moves before/after class either.

godsgirl26
by Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Girl get in their and get to Dancing. U wont be laughed at trust me. I'm sure if u get left behind the instructor would come by and help u out... that is what my instructor at my gym does. U can always modify the moves also if u can keep up with everyone else.

Nitie
by Member on Feb. 20, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Try out the online class you do this at home and no one but you will see yourself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)