Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introducing me!!

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 12:00 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 204 Total Views
I am married, have 4 kids, and just bought a new house.  I also have pseudotumor cerebri, and that makes it all worse.  I have swishing sounds in my ears, headaches on an almost daily basis, and my eye doctor found swelling in both optic nerves.  I have had an MRI, a lumbar puncture, and am on my third med to treat this.  I feel better with this last medicine, but I still worry when I go to bed if I will still be able to see in the morning.  My eye doctor is the one to thank for finding this, because my other doctors just passed my headaches and dizziness off as migraines.  It is scary to think what could have happened if I hadn't needed new glasses!  Anyway, getting my husband and family to understand this disorder has been difficult, and I think most of them think I am just lazy.  They don't seem to understand that even though I just got diagnosed, I have been having symptoms for years, I just didn't put it together with anything serious.  I hope to get this under control soon, but I still am on a learning curve, and there is a lot I don't understand.  I will be looking forward to getting to now other moms with this problem, and hopefully we can be some help to each other, or at least laugh and cry together! 
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
6herrings1mommy
by New Member on Jul. 26, 2007 at 11:56 PM
Hey my name is Karla I got diagnosed in April with PTC its been reall hard since I also have a Pituitary tumor. As well as  anovulatory Dysfunctional uterine bleeding. I am just one big mess I feel like giving up but if I do then I will leave my kids alone with their dad. The pain is bad I actually have lost some of my vision in my right eye. I havent had the lumbar puncture done yet. But I have done the MRI/MRV done. I am just at the point where I dont know what else to do. I am happy I found someone else who has it besides me. I know that I am not the only one who's family does not understand her.
ledwards484
by Group Owner on Jul. 27, 2007 at 11:03 PM
Hey, Karla, nice to meet you!  I can definitely understand how you feel.  Everyday is a challenge.  A lot of days I do good just to get out of bed.  I am so tired of feeling bad.  I can't enjoy my new house or neighborhood because I don't feel like doing anything.  Don't give up, though.  I have been told (I'm not quite there yet) that it does get better with the right treatment.  My doctor just switched me to Skelaxin, a muscle relaxer, and not sure why.  He has gotten away from treating the PTC and is treating just the headaches, and I don't think that is going to work.  Anytime you want, just email me, and add me as a friend if you want to.  It does help to have someone else to talk to that knows what you are going through.  Good luck! 

Lea Ann Edwards

Rome, GA

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)