Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome pitt lovers!!!

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 2:01 AM
  • 34 Replies
  • 999 Total Views
Please introduce yourselfs. Tell us why you love pitts!!! I my self use to own two!!! I loved them dearly. They are a long story how the two came into my life and how they both aren't in it any more.
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 2:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Jun. 21, 2007 at 10:12 AM
Hi, my name is Brandy. I'm a SAHM of a 7mth old baby boy. My husband and I own one and a half pitt bulls, you could say. One of them is a 2 year old full breed American Pitt Bull Terrier named Chopper, and the other is a 6-7 year old pitt bull/ jack russell terrier mix named Nemo(before the movie :) My husband got Nemo from the local humane society before I met him, and we got Chopper at the local flea market on a spur of the moment decision. Basically we saw him while someone else was holding him, they put him down and we held him, fell in love with him and the rest is history. We love our dogs so much and we spoil them so bad. For example, they stay in the garage at night(outside kennel during the day) and in the garage, the have a tv to watch. Our pitt bull's are the biggest and sweetest dogs ever.
by Group Owner on Jun. 21, 2007 at 1:05 PM
They are so beautiful!!!
by on Jun. 21, 2007 at 1:06 PM
wow great looking dogs!
by on Jun. 22, 2007 at 9:59 AM
Hello!  I'm Kelly and I am a proud owner of a lovable pitt/rottie cross.  Or rather she is the owner....I'm not sure!  Anyway,  Kylie belonged to a good friend of my husband and I.  He was moving and needed a place for her stay while he found a house where he could have pets.  While we "dogsat" for a couple of months, we became very attached to this lovable, energetic dog.  Our friend did eventually find a place, but the yard was too small for such a high enegy dog.  We adopted Ky and she is now a part of the family.  She is very friendly, but also very loyal and protective of us.  While pits may not be for everyone, I believe that pits are too often misrepresented and misunderstood. 
by on Jun. 24, 2007 at 10:25 AM

Thanks. That's one of my favorite pictures of them. Believe it or not, that was taken when my husband and I lived in a one bedroom apartment with them. What a crowded place that was! Now they stay outside except for at nighttime when they come into the garage.

by New Member on Jul. 5, 2007 at 2:14 PM
Hey ladies! I am Nikki. I currently own 7 (yes...7) Pitt bulls. My oldest one is 2 and just had a litter of pups (5). She is brindle and a beauty. The newest, other than the pups, is a 3 month old white red nose. We haven't named her yet. We just got her. My hubby found her roaming the street and brought her home. The poor thing was so skinny and covered in fleas. Well, didn't take much time to put a little weight on her!! I love these dogs!! I had never had a pitt before we got Tigger (the brindle one). I had owned a Doberman and a lab. These dogs are like a great mix of both! loyal and protective, while being just a little hard headed. It makes me sad to know that I can't give the pups we just had to just anyone. I am so afraid that people will fight them or just mistreat them.
by New Member on Jul. 7, 2007 at 10:45 PM
Hi ladies!
I have black/brindle pit/boxer mix named Rory. He'll be 3 in September and we adopted him from a no-kill shelter in April of 2006. The poor guy had been tied to a tree, neglected and abused for the first year of his life before being rescued by animal control.
While he can be a handful -- he has separation anxiety due to his awful past and tends to have accidents in the house when we leave -- he is an absolute sweetheart, despite his past. He has a bunch of stuffed animanls he treats as his "babies" and whenever someone new comes to the house, he has to show them a baby.
I am a huge pit bull supporter; I don't know how anyone can look into those faces, those wonderful pitbull "smiles," and think they're inherently evil. It's idiot owners who make them evil.....
by on Jul. 9, 2007 at 1:39 PM
When i met my husband i had always believed everything i had heard about pit bulls. So when he told me he had one i didnt think it would work out! Well needless to say i met her and immediatly (sp) feel in love. He also has a tiny little beagle mix (i have pics!) that actually rules her! Shy and i have a great bond and she shares my love of our new 8 week old son! She loves kids and is very protective! The only thing we have to work on is her "love" of other female dogs! lol! But yes pit bulls are just a name! It really is the dog inside that counts! And no i would never leave my tiny son alone with her but i would never leave him alnoe with any dog or person for that matter! lol! 
by on Jul. 11, 2007 at 3:32 AM
My name is Cheryl and my new addition to my family is my APBT. I have had him since March of this year and he is my baby. My kids are pretty much grown and hubby travels so I got Beau.

by on Jul. 17, 2007 at 12:58 PM
Hi! My name is Tammy. I am a 36yro SAHM to Kellin. She is 3 1/2yrso.

Her is our Chynnas Story.

My brothers girlfriend worked at a vet's office. She called me on a Sunday and told me to come by she had something to show me. I drove the hour to the vet's, wondering the whole time what is was. She tells me that a pit bull puppy came in on Sat. and he had parvo and the vet was going to try to cure him and then they would find him a home, as all of the owner info was false! I looked at him through the window and told her I would take him. I had been researching and looking for a pittie in need for over a year. I ended up talking with her for awhile and the whole time I could hear this AWFUL crying/screaming noise coming from another room. When I asked what the he** that was, she told me it was too sad and not to worry. The vet's had said she was going to be put down anyway.Well of course I HAD to see her, her crying was killing me! I was almost in tears! OMG!!!!! She was the saddest and cutest thing I had ever seen. She was sitting in the way back of her cage crying and shaking. Her hind end had been shattered and the bone was sticking out on her hind leg. She had road rash on her face and shoulder. She was only 6 wks and weighed 6lbs. GOD! I was hysterically crying by now! It was love at first sight! She told me her story, old man across the street from some gangsters watched them try to get her to be aggressive to another puppy, when she wouldn't after a couple of attempts,he got angry and literally punted her into the street! She just laid there and didn't move or cry. Old man said she finally dragged her body to the side of the road and was whimpering and crying. The so-called man that hurt her told her to shut-up and that she was not worth s**t to him and could die for all he cared. So, the old man waited for them to go back in the house(about 20 mins.)and he went over and picked her up and took her to the vets office. Since he didn't know the guys name and he didn't want to be responsible for her over $1200 surgery to correct all of the damage, they marked her for euthanasia. She couldn't walk, she could only drag her hind end around. Well I called on that Monday and told them that I wanted to get the corrective surgery for her even if I couldn't have her. They told me that they wouldn't do the surgery on her as she was a pit bull and would only be pts, so what was the use! IDIOTS!!!I stated numerous times that I wanted her! She would have a wonderful life with me and my girls! The vet then informed me that I would have to wait the normal waiting period fo an owner to come forward, which is 2 wks. By this time she was already almost 9 wks. I had been going back and forth with these people for 3 wks without an answer from them and then a I get this. And, keep in mind they still haven't done the corrective surgery! I did keep checking on the original puppy that I had come in to look at and he was progressing very well! So, finally I call,(she is 12wks. now)and tell them that the 2 wks. has passed and NO owner has come forward, she still hasn't had the corrective surgery and now her shattered pelvis has healed crooked and she is still dragging! When can I get my dog! I have called everyday! Everyone knew my voice by now! The head vet gets on the phone and tells me that I can't have her!! WTF?! I freak out and go crazy on him! He tells me she will be euthanized in the morning along with the now healthy male pup! He then says sorry I wasted my time and hangs up. I totally wigged out! I call brother's gf and tell her what is going on, she tells me she will call me back. Well I wait for like the longest 30mins of my life! She calls back and tells me to get there after 6:20pm, but before 7pm. I do as she says. Go inside and she has both pups with her! I can take them home! She talked to the other vet and she said I could take them and only have to pay for their rabies shot!! Whoa!!!! Chynna still hasn't had the corrective surgery, but at almost 9yrs old she is just now getting alittle stiff. But, with her pain regimen she is doing alot better! Needless to say I was stoked!! My best friend took the male and named him Chance and my other friend's kids named Chynna!! She is the best dog! I love her to death!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)