Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wanna talk about it???

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 8:53 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 391 Total Views
I am a Pastor's Wife and have been for years now.  Boy the stories I could tell... Anyway we have just this past week Resigned from the Church we have been at for several years now.  Talk about DRAMA!!!!!  Lisa my good friend told me about CafeMoms and sugested that I start a group for Pastor's Wives.  Great Idea!!!  So here I am.  This resignation has been very difficult!!!  Family ties etc.  I would love to talk to othe Pastor's Wives.  I think it would be therapuetic!!!  Let me hear from you all out there!!!  ~gatorgalrn
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
by on Feb. 10, 2008 at 5:26 PM
I just saw your post, and I will be praying for you in this transition. What denomination are you? My husband works for a Wesleyan church, which ironically our senior pastor has resigned as well. As a result, in the Wesleyan church all the other MPT has to put their resignation in as well. So now we have to wait until the new SP comes to know if we are hired back.
Where are you located? Do you know where you are going?
I know it can be hard, even with us not being in a senior pastor's wife position-we still were hit with tons of controversial questions today. I will be praying for you, especially with the break of relationships that have be built where you were currently at.
My only advise would be: Please have your husband (and you) get together with all the staff. I know that it will be hard, but even going to their house, and doing dinner/coffee-anything, just making them feel valued and cared about as well~knowing that it will be hard to leave that relationship too.
I hope that you will find peace in your decision to resign....
PRAYING with you!
by New Member on Feb. 20, 2008 at 1:05 AM
I am sooo happy to have found a place for pastor's wives!  My husband and I have been in full time ministry for 13 yrs now.  We pastored for 10 yrs in Oregon, where our families are, and have been pastoring a very small church in northern California for almost 2 yrs.  We have 5 children.  I love my husband dearly, and am very happy with the calling God has placed on my life to support him and be a mom to our terrific kids.  I must say, though, that I have been feeling extremely lonely lately.  I new it would be hard to leave our families and take the church we're presently at but I honestly have never felt so lonely.  Our little church has been very loving, but it seems like we've struggled so much ever since  coming here, especially financially.  I know that God will bless our family and I do trust Him, I guess I've just been feeling burnt out.  I'm sorry to sound like I'm complaining, I've really been blessed with a wonderful husband and kids.  I just ask for your prayers and again I'm so happy to have found this site.

by on Feb. 22, 2008 at 6:58 PM
I'm glad I found this group.  My husband has only been a sr. pastor for 2 years. He was a youth pastor for 7. We are only 30 and still new at all of this. Any advice would be appreciated.
by New Member on Mar. 8, 2008 at 11:38 AM
our last resignation moved me 3000 miles from my family.....and life has been wonderful .  Lonely at times....but God  brought us to a place on Earth where both my husband and I are growing and content....that statement, as all of you know, is a blessing.  Oh man the things we endured before we landed here.

Life the last 8 3/4 years has not been without it's HEART ACHES...but what a difference it makes to be in a place you know God wants you...While living in vermont and trying to be a pastor's wife  was like wearing someones else's shoe....and i have very tiny feet so you can imagine...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)