Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

super proud of my DD!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:42 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 355 Total Views

she tested into the advanced class! her and about 50 other students made it but what is super awesome is about 10 kids from her pre-school tested in too!!! :)

how are your kindergarteners doing?

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kcook55
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:15 PM

ok i guess hes in a class for kids with delays so not nearly as good as your dd........ but thats ok

ATCastro
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:25 PM

That's awesome.  They are doing testing in my dd's class this week.  When I went for an observation visit, they were in the middle of testing.  I'm curious to see what the teacher does with the results.

xanayda
by Member on Sep. 2, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Quoting ATCastro:

That's awesome.  They are doing testing in my dd's class this week.  When I went for an observation visit, they were in the middle of testing.  I'm curious to see what the teacher does with the results.

thanks!!! let us know how the testing went!! :) 

xanayda
by Member on Sep. 2, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Quoting kcook55:

ok i guess hes in a class for kids with delays so not nearly as good as your dd........ but thats ok

i'm sorry if i made you feel bad, that wasn't my intentions... im, sure your son will catch up very quickly! :)

lish2127
by Member on Sep. 2, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Congrats! I'm curious though, what exactly is advanced class in kindergarten? they go to a different class or they just get different attention, more work?

kcook55
by on Sep. 2, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Quoting xanayda:

Quoting kcook55:

i'm sorry if i made you feel bad, that wasn't my intentions... im, sure your son will catch up very quickly! :)

no not at all. i was just saying he not doing as well as your dd he will catch up I'm sure. I'm just glad hes getting the help he needs now. there supposed to be testing him so i will now more after they do the tests. but they have to test 267 other kindergartners too

xanayda
by Member on Sep. 2, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Quoting lish2127:

Congrats! I'm curious though, what exactly is advanced class in kindergarten? they go to a different class or they just get different attention, more work?

they are moved to a different class. I think there is 4 classes for the advanced students. The way they explained it to us was instead of them relearning the phonics and how to write the letter all over again (regular kindergarten) they would start right in with learning more site word to help her reading skills... same thing with math. They told us that if we ever felt she was too overwhelmed then we could move her back to her original teacher but so far she is doing excellent... :) she even got a bookmark as a reward for reading the word "is" :)

oahoah
by on Sep. 3, 2010 at 12:39 AM

That is great! Congrats. What's the program like, more 1-on-1 or just more advanced curriculum? Dominick is still trying to adjust and after talking with his teachers he just seems to be getting distracted very easily. But congrats about your daughter!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)