Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thumbsucking

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2011 at 6:29 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 252 Total Views

If you're going to bash, don't bother replying.  I have a 5 1/2 year old who was recently called a baby at school by another girl in her class for sucking her thumb.  She only does this when she's tired or upset and they have "rest time".  How do I break her of the thumbsucking habit?  I've warned her she'd be labled a baby for thumbsucking and that didn't phase her.  She'll be 6 soon and has been sucking her thumb since she was about 7 months old.  I don't think she even realizes she's doing it.

by on Mar. 8, 2011 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MommyCannon
by on Mar. 10, 2011 at 9:11 AM

I have no earthly idea but I will be in the same boat. We have tried everything to get our 4 year old son to stop sucking his thumb. I do mean everything. I painted his thumb black with a marker (non toxic but didn't taste good), reminding him everytime I see him sucking his thumb to stop... I don't want to try pepper because I am afraid he'll rub his eyes. He only sucks his tumb when he is tired and ready to go to bed.

Pregnancy%20ticker

stepmom2B29
by on Jun. 20, 2011 at 2:28 PM

I havent really tried anything yet, but my step daughter is going to be 7 in november and still sucks her thumb, but like your child only does it at night time and when shes tired and such. We tell her she can suck it at night when shes going to bed but that its not acceptable at any other times. Deff not going to help kick the habbit, but she does keep it to night time behavior.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)