Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

she touched my baby

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2011 at 3:25 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 267 Total Views

My son has had quite a time adjusting to his first year of school, since he is an only child and super smart. He finds himself finished with his work and getting in trouble for trying to play with/talk to the working children. So every other day, he gets a "bad color" on his bring him report. The worst color is a visit to the principal's office and he knows THAT should NOT happen.

Well, yesterday, my kindergartner came home from school quite upset. He thought he was in trouble for going to the principals office that day. I asked him what he had done to have wound up in the principal's office and then my phone rang.

The principal called and said that he was in the science lab and doing some activity at the table. The little girl next to him went under the table and start trying to open my son's pants. He screamed out for her to stop touching him there and the teacher came over to see what was going on. When she saw the little girl climbing out from under the table and my son grabbing his pants, she sent them both to the principals.

After some one-on-one with the principal and the counselor, the little girl said she just wanted to put her hand in his pants. It is not clear what exactly she intended to do in his pants. They explained to my son that he had done nothing wrong and talked with him at length about the situation. She also said the little girl's parents were to come in today and that she would call me afterward to see if I wanted to come in. They were also to pull my son out of class at some point today to talk with him again and make sure he isn't "scarred".

So, I want to know.....WHO HAS BAIL MONEY???? Kidding, kidding (sort of...)

We have had the "No one is to touch you there" talk with him for a couple years now, so he knew what she was doing is wrong. Yesterday was definitely an eye-opener for me; I had not expected this from his kindergarten peers.

by on Mar. 15, 2011 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
leomommy1325
by on Mar. 15, 2011 at 6:57 PM

I recently heard about 2nd graders in I forget what state that gave each other oral sex.  Needless to say, everyone was appalled that such young children even knew what that was.  I'm sorry that this happened to your son.  It soundss like this girl has some issues.  Maybe someone's molested her and she thought that that was Okay.  I have had the talk about not touching with my daughter so she would know what to do in this situation too.  She's a little bit older than her peers and will be 6 in May.

lish2127
by Member on Apr. 2, 2011 at 12:57 PM

Was she one of the kids talking about sex from before? Dang, I don't know what to think. I just hope they investigate that girl's situation or get her some help if she needs it.

They just did a big week long talk at my son's school where they brought in someone from children's advocacy talking about safety, no one else touching your body parts, strangers, etc. and what to do in those situations.

silverdawn99
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:41 AM
ummm wow!!! i get on to my son for "kissing" and "hugging" his little friends. i am so glad that you taught him well and he knew that was wrong
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN